Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: forstarkar doktorn(amp dr) :P

The sound is well enough, it would be perfect it it would come an valve version of it. I use it with my '66 Fender Mustang (2 singel coil) Line 6 is at it best with much distortion and I guess it sound better also with humbuckers. Not noisy at all in the beginning but now after about 3 months it has begun to give some buzz from it when not playing. It could be my cord but its not so loud that it disturbs me, when I play it disapears. This amp really does it's thing at high distorted tones. It could have better clean sound.

Been playing for about 3 years soon and this was actully my first serios amp, and I dont have much of experience with amps but this one works good for me and seems to do it for others to. I don't think I would by a new one if it was stolen (always hated this question) its to expensive compared to what you get, not worth it. You "'70 rock 'n' rollers" (like me) search for something else like I'm going to in a year, this is not what you are looking for, but you metal heads go for it! I think you will love it.

I feel I really can depend on this amp, its loud enough to make a smaller gig but if your going bigger then take a look at the 212 model. I haven't had any troubles with this amp yet and havent crank it up so much yet but it will come and I dont think it will break down then. It's built to take a hit.

Made in 2004. this amp can really give you some great metal sound with it's 75watts. Not what I mostly play. Most rock for me but this amp does it good(pitty its not a valve amp tough) It has 6 channels clean, rockabilly, blues, crunch, metal and insane with 2 presets for eatch sound, one softer, less distorted and one with more punch in it. It as 6 effects, 2 at once and a separate reverb knob. They works good but could be better. The 75watts is more than enough for me since I only play at home. It's really easy to use, no manual needed exept when you going to use the noise gate etc.