Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Victor's House of Music

Using it with a wide array of Fender guitars, I got super sweet tone. But I have to say that the guitar's tone was nowhere near as much of a tone factor as the amp itself. This thing could make a $90 tinny souding peice of crap sound like a freakin Gibson. You can dial in rich, smooth blues tones, crisp ringing clean tones a la U2, or some of the most outrageous distortion you can imagine. You can play jazz to metal and anything in between. I do not like the "red" insane channel much, because it has extreme ditortion with a sub-octave fuzz thrown in, making it sound like nothing more than a vomiting headbanger.

I play any type of rock, and this thing suits them all. My effects pedals are virtually non-existent thanks to this amp (except for my Crybaby, one of the few things that the Spider doesn't do). I couldn't imagine playing without this. I love the versatility. Features that might be found by combining 6 or 7 amps are all in this one. IN one word, this amp is godly.

This amp has served me through 3 gig-filled years with no problem. It sounds great all the time, and I'vre never needed a backup.

The features on this amp make it probably the most versatile amp ever made. With 12 amp models, 7 effects, good EQ and gain controls, and the ability to set 4 custom channels, the possibilities are endless. The channels are 2 each of clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. The effects are easy to control. The 75 watts getsloud enough for small gigs, great for recording. Bonus for me is the effects loop.