Spider II 112 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Line 6: Spider II 112

Although it posses many effects and amp models it all sounds thin. I play a Gibson Les Paul through it and it sounds decent but not nearly as good as it does on some of the nicer amps. The distortion on the setting insane is pretty much the most distortion you could ever want, making this amp good for heavier styles of music. But again being solid state it doesnt't sound very good and it feeds back like crazy on the higher distortion channels. Another let down is that the volume gets loud fast from 1-5 but once the knob reaches 12 o'clock there is bairly and difference from there to full volume.

I play classic rock, blues, and metal type stuff like Iron Maiden. This amp is pretty terribly for that but is ok for heavier stuff. I have been playing for about 3 years and have this amp and another crappy practice amp (I need a knew amp) and a Les Paul. If someone stole it ide be pissed because it was 350 dollars but I'd probabaly go out and buy a Marshall half stack or Peavey half stack or another tube amp. To wrap this amp up: the different setings keep you amused until you realize the sound is no good.

I have used this amp for four gigs and every time about 30 minutes in at 3/4 volume it gets all weird. It doesnt't completely blow but it cuts its volume in half and can produce no more ditortion which really sucks. I would never use this amp at a gig but I have 0 cash so I'm pretty screwed. It's not loud as stated above so you couldnt use it for large shows.

I bought this amp in 2004 when I was fairly knew at guitar and wasn't very educated. I mainly puirchased it because it was cheap and because all the different effects and settings. The amp has tons of cool stuff you can do but it's all pretty bad quality stuff. solid state amp which really kills tone. Celestion speaker. 6 effects, 12 amp settings. Bonus: when you turn it on it's like a christmas tree!

TSmitty6
    i like the amp. it was good for 200 (plus tax or whatever). the only thing i dont like is the tricky nobs, the reverb which seems present at all times, and the "clean" setting. it seems a little overhyped to me. ive been playing for about a year and its my 2nd amp so i could see how it is a fit for me but in 2 years i dont no if ill still use it.
    Blash
    eh, my mistake for ever getting this :/ it sucks, not to be mean to anyone who likes it. you cant use pedals on it, and the tones are horrible. the blues and twang tones are too fat for my tastes, and the output sucks. im gonna get a blues deluxe sometime when i get money
    RHCP rock!!
    u guys got ripped off!!! i payed 179 for my spider!! mind u it was on offer but there we go.... but yea awesome amp n wikid effects!!!