Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Music store

The Spider II 112 can be used for any music style: punk, metal, blues, rock, etc. What's really good about this amp is that clean doesn't get all distorted at loud volumes. The distortian on insane mode is well, insane. It has the most distortian you'll ever get on any amp. This amp also is the loudest 75 watt amp you'll ever play.

If this amp was lost or stolen I would definitly buy it again. This is the perfect amp for any novice or pro. It is a little expensive, but it's worth every cent. If you want a great sounding near perfect amp the Line 6 Spider II 112 is the amp for you.

I've had my Spider II for about 6 months and it's still in mint condition. It's never broken down or anything, but I've only had it for a short time so I'll have to see. I'd play this at a gig without a back up guitarist no problem this amp is very reliable.

The Line 6 Spider II 112 has six amp models: clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal and insane. It also has four channels for saving sounds you create. The effects are chorus/flange, phaser, tremola, delay, tape echo, and sweep echo. The only thing that isn't that great about the effects is that you can only use two at a time. I use this amp for gigs and practices and it's never let me down. It's also got a headphone jack and direct out recording.

jamstation
    I don't appreciate the fact that the "featured review" is so biased against Line6. I don't need a SpiderII review to tell me whether a PodXTLive is better than an ME50 or not. I don't need a SpiderII review to tell me that the Variax sucks. As far as I know, Line6 does not make amps where it's impossible to turn off the effects.
    Maybe you need to practice?
    Sephirangel
    dont listen to the first review, ive got the 212 version and ive never looked back!
    desimate
    personnally i think this amp is ok, its all about personal preference in what sorta tone your lookin for. and people bashin these amps and MG's, dunno if you realised, but theyre not saupposed to be ****ing amazing. theyre made as cheaper versions because some people cant afford these expensive high range amps that your all boasting about, im gonna buy an MG 100DFX for 230 because i cant afford to pay over 600 for decent head and 300 for another cab. so just cause u can afford to buy awesome amps and put down these 1's, remember that some people like 18 yr old students like myself, dont have quite a fat wallet [rant/]
    chaos-filth
    well i got to say for only paying 130$ im quite pleased with it. i would say its a good amp for begginners mainly because i havnt played on anything else.
    monkfish_bandan
    BlinkBlinkBlink wrote: I tried a Les Paul with this, sounded like crap. A Strat, still sounded like crap. Is it my thousand dollar guitars, or is it my crappy ass practice amp? [quote]jamstation wrote: Maybe you need to practice?
    For the love of Hellmans mayonnaise, this has to be one of the funniest comebacks I have heard in a hell of a long time!
    cerveza wrote: the sound of this amp would make jesus want to punch a kitten
    Haha! I'm going to die of laughter! On a more serious note, I have the model down from this amp, the 2002 edition of the Spider II, and I have to say that mine is a fantastic little amp. It does belt out a hell of a volume, although with the Insane sound I can't help but thinking the Metal effect was a bit pointless. Mine is a 30 Watt / 12 inch output, by the way, so I'm not sure what power you are talking about with this one but mine is brilliant. Would never replace a 2500 Marshall with FX pedals, however, but you can't call it a "practice" amp either.
    GNR Forever!!!
    man i dont know what u guys who say this amp are smoking...cause w/e it is i want some...this is a pretty damn good amp if u ask me...like the only thing wrong with it is the setting for insane (which yeah kinda pist me off, but not a big deal)...and liek its great...my band has 2 of them...the sound for distortion is pretty good, and for some songs you need to change the settings...liek what do u expect every effing thing possible for effects on the amp...no, just get urself a peddle...i hooked up my rp300 digitech to it and it still sounds great
    davidmcintosh03
    i use this, along with a line 6 pod 2.0 and im waiting on the big floorboard arriving within a couple of days. i have to say.. if you try and set this amp up you'll probably be disapointed at first, it does take a while to learn what sounds work well with this amp. but once you find the right settings it has some killer sounds. im using a custom warlock with super distortion pickups and this amp works perfectly with the sound. and unlike most amps with a warlock you dont just get a hissy mess. defnitly a good buy (got it for 140 coz i know the guy in the shop haha)