Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I haven't been playing that long (2 years) so I use an Epiphone Les Paul 100 with it. Like I said before, this amp is fit for all kinds of styles. There are 12 amp models (2 blues, 2 clean, 2 twang, 2 crunch, 2 metal, and 2 insane) and 7 effects (chorus/flanger, tape echo, delay, sweep echo, phaser, tremelo, and reverb) which can be played up to 3 at a time. It's absolutely perfect for metal-heads and jazz musicians alike. I expected this amp to have not that clear sound, but when I first strummed my guitar, it was crystal clear. The metal distortion is great but a tad lighter than the insane setting, which is actually more suitable for metal player in my opinion.

I play anything I can, but mostly punk and metal and thank god for Line 6! This thing is absolutely perfect! I play a Epiphone Les Paul 100 and use a Line 6 FBV Shortboard with this amp and they all coincide perfectly with each other. Musician's Friend did a great job with all the specs of the amp so I had no important questions except for "when will you get more in stock?" If this thing was stolen or lost, I would work my ass off like I did to get it in the first place. The only thing I'd replace it for would be a bigger model for bigger shows. I love just about everything this amp has to offer. Only thing is, it's pretty damn heavy; 42 lbs to be exact. The feature I bought this amp for is all the effects and amp models that come built in. Originally, I was leaning towards a Fender Frontman 25w and some Danelectro pedals, but when my tutor told me about Line 6, I had to look into it. The reason I chose this one was because it came with everything I wanted and more (50 watts more) and it didn't hurt how I saved myself about $150. If you want a great sounding reliable amplifier that won't cost you a pretty penny, Line 6 is the way to go.

This amp seems like it can pull it's own weight. It has in fact slipped out of my hands a few times, but still plays like the day it came out of the box. I can most certainly depend on this amp during a gig. But if it's a fairly big show, you might want to get a larger model.

I'm not entirely sure when this amp was made. Maybe 2002-03. I wanted an amp that was cheap, reliable, and just plain fun to play; so I looked into Line 6. I play just about anything I can and this beast of an amp is flexible to all kinds of music (blues, funk, punk, classic rock, metal, etc.) It also boasts 4 user-programmable channels that are completely customizable to your musical needs. Even if you get knocked out of tune, there's an on-board tuner built right into the interface. And if things get to intense for those around you, there's a headphone jack to keep the music all to yourself. I still haven't really used it in a concert setting, though I will soon and I doubt it'll fail me in anyway.