Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: sound cotrol leicester

I play a Squier Strat with single coil pickups, and the only downside is that it sounds a bit tinny, so I have to turn up the bass more than usual. The amp has an excellent variety of sounds ranging from a crisp sounding clean to an incredible insane mode. To get a good feel of how good this amp sounds you'd have to go and try it out in a shop or something.

I play mostly pop punk/ alternative and a bit of emo and it suits all of them perfectly. I've bin playing for just over 2 years now and it's perfect for what I need. I only own this and a Squier Strat, although I should be getting an Epiphone les paul when I get the money. But overall it's a great amp and definitely worth the money (but I brought it in a sale, it usualy costs 229 quid).

I would definitely use this in a gig without a backup, as it's got a very strong feel about it, it feels like it was built to last. Plus I'm skint so I couldnt afford a backup. It's never broken and I've had it nearly a year so I've got a very good feeling about it.

This amps pretty good, even my Squier Strat sounds good out of it. I played a few different guitars through it in the shop and they all sound amazing through it. There's 12 different presets which are all quite good, although 1 of the insane modes has a constant tremolo you can't turn off. There's also 7 other effects including reverb, tremolo and loads more I can't remember, have a look on the site for the rest. I only play in my bedroom and if I turn it up past about 4 I get a few complaints from my parents! So when I start gigging I'd gess it has enough power for small venues, but if I started playing in larger venues, I'd have to go for the 212.

leondb
    I've been playing music for 13 years now. I have owned an old Fender amp long ago, a Marshall, a Park(also by Marshall), and a Crate. I don't have anything bad to say about either of them. I got to use a Line 6 212 a few times at one of the practice studios my band uses, and all I can say is damn... It sounded awesome! I played with the settings, and my drummer even asked me how I got it to sound like that, because our previous guitarist couldn't get that sound... I just know what I like. And it was hella loud! It made me think twice about my decision to get a Crate GLX 120 half stack. Don't get me wrong, Crate is awesome, but I really like how the Line 6 sounds! I have to laugh when people diss Line 6! No one has hearing attuned enough to hear the "digital" in these amps. If so, why the hell would James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett use Line 6 stomp boxes??? Sure they use Mesa's and Marshall's, but who wouldn't making their kind of income? I doubt as to whether some of the haters even own or have owned a Line 6 amplifier, let alone tried one out at a store! If you own a different brand of amplifier, why come to another brand's review page? If you're so happy about what you own, why rain on what other people are happy about? Personally, I like it, and will buy a half stack soon. I don't care what people think... Line 6 is awesome!
    Indust.Massacre
    Alright, i dont have much to say because what i have to say is straight forword. My First impression about the amp was "this is really awesome!". After two times playing at my friends house my impression was "what the f--k is with this built in reverb effect that i cant remove!?". I took it to get fixed cause i thought that it had broke, but after i got my amp back(luckily it was under warrenty at the time) the amp still had the reverb problem and then people said that the amp was in perfect condition, this confused the f--cking crap out of me. I thought that it would be fine and we could over look the reverb problem and move on. A week after i get the amp back, my band gets together and we start playing, about an hour into it, the amp starts to have a Really bad reverb problem, so i go online and ask around and it turns out that line 6 isnt built with quality goods, its built with cat sh-t. I still love the effects that are built into it but the reverb thing is pissing me off so much and it just keeps getting worse and i cant hold a note without hearing some insanly loud reverb in the amp. and just for that i give the amp a 2.5