Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Sound Control

I currently have been playing a Stagg F300 and tend to play mostly metal but play some classical and blues occassionally. The cleanest channel I've found is not that clean as it seems to have a bit of unwanted reverb but every other setting sounds great. My two favourite features of this amp are the distortion which is like "primal concrete sledge hammer to the face" and the wierd sounds you can get by setting the fx dial between settings. There's a really cool one that sounds kinda like a roar if you stick the fx dial between phaser and tremolo which I love. The volume is very impressive for the Wattage as well as I can't even stand in the same room when it's above (if it had numbers on it) 6 outa 10.

The Spider II 112 is ideal for the stuff I play. I've been playing for about 3 years and recently bought a crybaby which adds even more to the bitchin' sound it produces. I would strongly recommend this amp as a cheaper option to the Spider III which builds upon the Spider II but is a bit more expensive. My only complaint is the clean channel isn't crystal clear but it's still pretty damn good.

I've never had any problems with it for the year and a half I've owned it. Everything works just as well as when I bought it. For switching between channels Live you really need a pedal but that's not really a problem. I wouldn't use it by itself on a large gig just because of volume limitations.

The Spider II 112 at 75 Watts is pretty bitchin'. Four savable channels so if you find a sound you like you can save it. Has channel switching. Has a built in tuner. Lots of powerful affects (flange, phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, sweep echo and reverb). The dials have no numbers (the one major pain in le derriere I've found). In order to channel change (unless you want to run over to your amp and press the button) an additional pedal is required. The tuner can only tunes to standard (problem has been solved with the Spider III).

OmegaJesus
    yeah I totally agree with you, I got this amp as a beginner and my friend had it and all it has is a bunch of sounds from other bands, you can't get your own sound. so i guess its good if you wanna sound like everybody else.