Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Electro Music

I use a Ibanez Prestige 2570E with stock pickups and she sounds as good as ever, polystyne block cut in half sits under the amp to tilt it up towards the air to compete against the half stack for practices. Amazing sound on recording with microphone. Keep her steady at 12 on the volume though.

Great, made me get the half Stack. I've been playing for 3 years and if I had this stolen then I would definately make it my life mission to find who took it and kill him. But that's mostly because of the emotional attachment I've grown to have with the amp.

I've used this amp without a backup for gig's before, and each time it's got me through it but you really need a half stack for gigs. Practice's no problems. The only time I broke it was being silly and showing off. You cannot upgrade this amplifier to handle bass frequencies. I put her on full blast with a transister and the effects running with a bass amp, however foolish it seems now and it blew out. But if you kept it at 12 then you should be OK!! But that with a bass guitar at a loud practice isn't enough.

A solid practice amp, useful for all style's of music. For me I played primarily punk/post hardcore with it but also Metal and some balad work. The main part to bear in mind with this amp is it is perfect for anyone who isn't currenty ready for gigging. My guess is you can pick them up dirt cheap now, and nothing would could touch this amp when I had it for practice use. At gig level you have to bring down the distortian but it can still handle it but after 3 gigs I had to upgrade!

HELLSHREDD
    I wonder why there is no fricken review on the NEW spidervalve amp , i cant believe its not up yet FFS
    fr33t0m
    Once you realize what tone is this amp will disgust you. I can only recommend this to a beginner, and only if you find it for cheap. The only channel that I use is "Insane", and it is pretty bad. The distortion is scratchy and fuzzy, the bass is terrible and the highs are annoyingly shrilly, and the mids are muddy as hell. The amp is so digital sounding it's crazy. You can definitely do better than this amp, but if you don't have an ear for tone yet it might satisfy you for a few months.
    OldSchoolBlues
    high volume with distortion sounds like S*#T, presettings make it impossible to find any specific tone, waste of my 450$...
    QuickPickTino
    wow, i know line 6 isint great, and isint reliable, but for a beginer who still dosent know what he wants to do with his playing its amazing, especially for the price. it would be almost like bashing a strat knockoff for sounding like ass. even if it does for the price your paying and all the effects your getting its great.