Spider II 112 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 1.3 Junky
Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Unknown

As I said before this was a gift, and as such I didn't have much choice in choosing it.The sound on every channel is horrible and sterile, and the clean is the worst I've ever heard. If I had known then how truly dire this thing is, I would have sold it straight away.I am using an Ibanez SAS36FM and a Danelectro DC59, and get horrible buzz, (even on humbuckers) on every channel, even with every single setting turned down to 1 and the sound gate activated. Line 6 seem intent on having distortion no matter what setting you are on. I play mostly alternative and rock, and this sucks for both, I know this amp isn't right for that particular job, but I don't have the finances to replace it at the moment.

After two years of patiently tweaking, this thing Still Remains more psychotic and irritating thany my ex girlfirend. I wouldn't even be bothered if it got stolen, because I wouldn't wish this terrible piece of kit on anyone. I'd have to say that my favourite feature about it is the fact that it can be effortlessly switched off with the flick of a Switch. It seems that Line 6 have been so intent on cramming a thousand features into their amps in order to attract the growing market of young metal gods that they have sacrificed everything else at the expense of good sound and features. Sessions of fulfilling guitar enjoyment and progress have been reduced to a frustrating half an hour of twiddling dials in order to get the stupid thing to stop buzzing and coughing at me. An absoloute waste of time, money and energy. Avoid like the plague.

I would never, ever use this to gig with, for the simple fact that it sounds completely terrible in every respect. Line 6's credit it is actually very sturdy as I have taken to giving it a swift kick when it really acts up, (which is always) and it still hasn't broken down or shown any signs of damage, which is unforunate as it would then justify me buying a new amp.

I have been playing guitar for about 2 1/2 years now and this amp was a gift which I recieved a few months after taking up the guitar. Any amplifier that comes with the presets for Slipknot and evanescence songs in the box should have set alarm bells ringing, and the reason is because this amp is a truly horrible piece of equipment. It's stuffed with features, but unfortunately, they are all part of Line 6's horrible gimmick of trying to produce the loudest most distorted sounds at a sacrifice to every other feature for the amp. I hardly use any of the features as most of them are terrible and don't work properly. I only tend to use the clean channel and occasionally the 'crunch' channel, but they are both totally pitiful.