Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I am using the Line 6 Spider II 112 with an Epi Silverburst Les Paul with an EMG 81 in the bridge and an EMG 85 in the neck. (You can already tell what style of music I play.) This amp, in my opinion, was made for distortion. It sounds awesome. Period. Even before the p-up mod on my axe it sounded awesome. Then you have the clean channel. The clean channel I think is alright. It does have a little reverb in it no matter what, but hey, that's not THAT bad. Also, you can audibly tell this amp is very digitized. During some unison bends you can sometimes hear the old school 8-bit Mario bleeps and blips. it's not bad, but it's not good either... it's just when you notice it when you're headbanging all over your postered room. Total buzzkill.

This amp is damn good solid state. it's just not the best amp in the world. If this amp was stolen, (I seriously doubt it could get lost.) I would probably find another amp just because I am do for an upgrade, but, if I wasn't, I would definately go find me another. It's that tough.

This amp is pretty much my loyal dog. It's been everywhere with me. Playing the National Anthem at school activities and gigs. it's done everything. It has been run, sidefirst, into a wall, and pretty much hit every surface imaginable in it's lifetime. And it has held up. Very dependable.

I didn't read the the book that came with this amp at all, but from what I read on the internet, it was made in 2004. In my opinion, this amp is VERY versatile... just not quick. If you are going to play a song in just one tone lets say, for instance, metal? Have at it. But, lets say you are going to write a song that starts clean then climaxes to a metal solo? That really isn't going to fly Live if you don't have the footswitch. But, other than that, this amp has effin' everything. Reverb, built-in tones to start with, different Echoes and delays, storage buttons for tones you made, and effects. Plus, this one speaker amp is loud enough to blow a hole in a solid lead wall. That's always a plus.

rbj1313
    you know bro for a practice amp its damn good. don't go dissin on it cuz you have money and can afford marshalls and everyone else can only afford a spider II
    Abnormal_Omish wrote: serious guys dont buy a spider 2. Alot of these reviews are people who are just bragging about their current and only amp. They are loud but they really do suck like a marshall mg. If you want alot of distortion just buy a heavy distortion pedal.
    nightraven
    ^ if they can afford a spider; they can afford a better amp such as a Roland Cube or a Peavey Vypyr.