Spider II 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 15

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus with Emg's. It suits my music style perfectly, which is mostly metal. The amp can be noisy if you crank it up all the way but does not change in different areas. The amp can go from nice clean blues, to super fast thrash metal in a second. The clean channel is sometimes distorted at high volumes, but can be adjusted if needed.

I played this amp a guitar center and it was a perfect match, the crunch channel simulates and old Marshall Plexi hi watt, for that Jimmy Page sound. The metal channel simulates a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, for that heavy Metallica-ish sound. If it was stolen, I would not buy this, I would go for the 30 watt with the 12" speaker.

I would depend on this amp more than a Marshall. I would use another amp, mostly because this one is digital, and does not get very loud, so I would either get a bigger one or a non digital one. The amp has never broken down and does not seem it is going to.

The amp was made in late 2003 in China, this amp is perfect for a metal, hard rock sound. It has 4 channels (clean, crunch, metal, insane) with a push button channel switch. It does include a headphone jack. The only thing they could of included was a footswitch for the channels. I use this amp for practice for my band and home use. This thing is a powerhouse compared to my friends amp.