Spider II 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 15

I use an Ibanez Gax70 and an Epiphone Les Paul both with humbucker pickups. It suits my style of clean to rock. It is a little noisy in the insane mode but I use a POD XT live and it has a gate whitch prevents any noise. I can make a lot of sounds. It has six effects. The clean is clean and the distortion is distorted. It offers the insane distortion settings and they are as brutal as they get.

I was impressed by the sheer volume this little amp puts out. It can rattle windows. Lets just say it can hold its own. I would probably buy it again for a practice amp. It is awesome for a practice amp. I compared it to similar Fender and similar Vox amps, but picked this one just because of the versatility. I don't really wish it had anything else. It's awesome for practice and that's what it was made for.

It is pretty durable. I wouldn't use it at a gig just because of the small size. It just isnt big enough. I use it all the time and it has never broken. I would depend on it at like a coffee shop but nothing bigger than that. It's not a tube amp so there's no need to replace those. I love the way the amp can be used. It is very versitile. Good amp to start out on or for practice.

It is solid state.The amp was made in 2005. I use the amp for practice and like the effects and tone. Could be better. I prefure a tube amp, but for practice this thing was cheap and very versitile for what it is. I wish it had a more tube sound. It has plenty of power for practice. I have cranked it up and it is very loud for it's size. It is solid state.

marcus00
    I was playing on a Roland Cube 15 for a long time. I couldn't find the right EQ settings for my taste so I tried the Spider II. I haven't plugged my Cube 15 in since. I play a Schecter Damien 6 with the passive EMG pick ups and this amp sounds awesome no matter what preset I'm playing on. From heavy, deep detuned chug to clean jazzy sounds, I've been totally satisfied. The amp has a built in noise gate and distortion boost. The FX do sound digital, but not overly so in my opinion. For the price, I would recommend this to anyone.
    A7XRemenissions
    just a raondom question, what do you think of your Damien, i know i could look on its review but i just want another opinion.
    SoE_DreaMiNG
    Had one for two years, good amp but Ive found the clean sound on it is shit, @ least on my one. Agreed though, the rest of the effects on it are great!