Spider II 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 15

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

My Squier Bullet has one humbucker and I use it for rock and punk and it sounds really nice with this amp, no excess noise whatsoever. All the channels sound good and not fake, goes all the way from crisp clean, to punk crunch, rock (metal setting mostly), and insane for a very distorted channel. The six effects are also very cool however I only find myself using reverb mainly and just on the clean channel. I love the range that this amp has as a beginner amp but obviously a higher wattage is always nice especially for local shows.

I find the Line 6 Spider II 15 Watt is a good practice amp and works well with my punk rock style, and it is also good when I play clean. It makes my low end guitar sound better. If I was to buy a new amp I would definitely upgrade to something higher wattage and better known like a Marshall half that I am looking at, but it is good for the beginner Who doesn't have a whole lot of cash$. My favourite thing is the channel range and effects and it does get pretty loud for 15 watts, but I would definitely like more power behind it.

You can definitely depend on this amp, it is constructed very solid with rubber corners, but it is an open back amp. good for practicing with yourself or band. It hasn't failed me yet and the channels have all been consistent. Very reliable for any beginning player, it will sure make a lot better sound than any of the amps you get in those 'guitar packs'. I only spent around $400 on my beginning set and it is quite a good starter, durable, dependable and great on the budget.

Very good amp in terms of playing all different styles, I use a squire bullet so it alone has very little versatility but having the four built in channels and 6 effects really helps create several unique sounds, I play mostly rock and punk and it is really good for that. It has 4 channels (clean, crunch, metal, & insane) which you Switch with the push of a button, as well as a headphone jack and a line out. I wish it had a connection for a pedal because it is near impossible to get a smooth switch between effects during the middle of a song without using a pedal. This is my practice amp so I have plenty of power with the 15W however it isnt all that I would want.

zoso1016
    this amps allright, but I think the tone and the distortion sound kinda crappy
    RollingFree
    I think the clean sounds kinda digital but i mean come on its just a practice amp. Still very good and the insane channel is pretty tight but don't forget to put on noisegate!
    Cynoxx
    It's great the first month you use it, then you figure out how much crap it really is. Trust me, I've owned one for about a year. The only good thing about it is that it probably makes good firewood. Come on, guys! Can't you see that EVERYBODY who wrote these reviews are people that just started playing guitar? Some guy even puts line 6 and Marshall MG in the same sentence!?!?!?! Dear god! Talk about guitar blasphemy. But I'm guessing flashy lights and shiny knobs attract guitar noobs...
    teknotard
    Cynoxx I thought the same thing. Not that I dont give these guys credit Keep on rocking out! However, the reviews didn't seem to be very reliable from a gear stand point. Keep in mind though this is just a practise amp, and that contributes to lack of features. In any case I just wanted to say that I really like line 6. I can't count how many years I have peen playing just about a decade now, and I have been a real dear head over the past five years. Line 6 offers something that really amazing, very high quality amp models and a variety of effects, all for a low price. I would love to get my hands on a vetta II and a varaix. Can you imagine the possibilities?