Spider II 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 15

Purchased from: electro music

This amp can suit loads of genres, it has a nice clean tone and really good distortion (especialy on insane) somtimes it buzzes when it's really loud but can be sorted if you fiddle around with the settings. Overall the sound is great. It is very loud for 15 watts, the distortion is probaly the best thing on this amp.

This amp will match anything you want to play, I have been playing for just over a year and a half and I have a strat copy, the amp before this was a 0 Watt and is nothing compared to this amp. I'd get the same amp if it was lost or stolen, I compared this to a peavy (dunno which model) and it is way better.

I can depend on this amp. I would use this at a gig without backup. It has never broken down and iv had no problems at all with it and it's 2nd hand. The amp is well built and you can tell it is built to take whatever hits it. Everything is well fitted. The amp has taken some hits while moving it aound and still works perfectly.

I play a lot of different genres, mainly punk and a lot of Metallica, it has 4 different channels, clean, crunch, metal and insane, it has a headphone/record output and another input for ipods, hifis, ect. It has some built in effects, chorus flange, phaser, tremolo, sweep echo, tape echo and a reverb. There is also a tap delay so you can choose the time of the delay easily. It has drive, bass, mid, treble, chanel volume adjustments. I use this amp at home and practicing with the band and I'm sure it will do for a small gig. For 15 watts this amp is great. The only thing wrong with the amp is that it dosnt have a channel switching input.

wakekid2001
    I' am a fan of the spider 2, although the new spider head is horrible, the clean channel never sounds clean, it always sounds like their is a phaser on it or something taht you cannot take off. Basically in my opinion they messed up a decent product by cutting back on knobs.
    Lastlarf
    This amp is supposed to be versatile, but it's not. It's a Metal amp. That's all it can do. It's great for Extreme distortion, and the cleans are at least passable, but everything in between is horrible. Line 6's idea of "crunch" seems to be a horrible grating noise. Not that I'm criticising these reviews, when I first got mine I thought it was awesome too. As my playing developed, however, so did my sense of tone and style, and I began to loath it.
    Notoriousdoc
    I have one and it's shit. Anything other than insane sounds terrible. Thank god for my bass amp.
    muso_ chris
    i love the spiders, and ive played through a huge one, dont know the wattage, but it was AU$900, so prolbi alot, and i loved it, that guy that sed its better than a marshall, is right.