Spider II 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 15

For me, I play anywhere to The Strokes, to Slayer, to Decapitated. I'm all over the map, and this amp can support that. Some people say that it sounds way to digital, but it's something I can Live with because it's just a practice modeling amp. One complaint I have about the amp is the distortion is it's not the best you'll find, but is still good and brutal(if you want it to be). It can get a little noisy but, when the noise gate is on, annoying noise.

Overall I am happy with it, but If it were stolen, I'd buy another amp. If you are a begginer and don't want to spend a lot of money on your first amp, go for it, but if you want something in the long run, get another amp. I have been play a little over a year and I'm playing it through a Ibanez IC400 Iceman. I was going to get the Roland 15x cube, but Line 6 seemed more pretty.

No promblems and I think I never will. It seems to be looking amp. I do travel with the amp in the car, but holds up fine. I even dropped it a couple times too. If I were to a gig with this amp (if it were bigger) I wouldn't use a back up.

Alright, first off, I'm not sure about the date of the amp but I'm thing along the lines of 2004. It has four channels, Clean, Crunch for your overdrive tone, Metal for your deep metal dound, Insane, for high gain tone. It also has some effetcs built in such as tremelo, chorus, phaser, reverb, delay ect. Althouh the effect aren't as good as a pedal, I like to mess around with them some times. I mainly use this amp in my room jamming with myself or another guitarist/bass. It is only 15 watts but you'd be suprized on how lud it can get. It also has some hidden features such as noisegate and distortion boost.

SicSeb
    SoE_DreaMiNG wrote: Had one for two years, good amp but Ive found the clean sound on it is shit, @ least on my one. Agreed though, the rest of the effects on it are great!
    I've got the spider II 112 and yes, the clean channel sucks, but I use the twang for my clean sounds. The metal and insane sound very nice but the delay is kind of weird sometimes. And there is no noisegate on there and that sucks because it can be noisy with solo's. Other than that it's a great amp for it's prize. \m/