Spider II 15 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 3.8 Poor
Line 6: Spider II 15

I am using a Gibson Les Paul Studio and this amp kills the tone. I play mostly classic rock, so this amp doesn't really suit me. It is noisy if you don't turn off the noise gate so if you enjoy this amp turn the noise gate off. As I said before I think the insane is good for that shredding/tapping sound. The distortion is not even cool it's digital. The effects on this amp are very bad also especially reverb.

I play classic rock and this amp does not do me good because I don't do a lot of tapping. I've been playing for One year and I would reccomend an Epiphone Valve Junior or a Roland Micro Cube. If it were stolen or lost I would have a celebration because I hate this amp! I wish I got a Epi Valve Junior. I hate everything about this amp.

Its too durable because I've tried to break it in order to get a new amp. It has too good of a warranty too! I've neglected it and it still won't break. So if you want and amp to show you grandchildren buy this but don't play this because someone will call 911.

This amp in my opinion never deserved to make it to the market. It was made in 2004. First the clean channel. Don't even get me started on this channel! It sounds very digital and Echoes a lil too much! The crunch is the best channel on the amp and it is still not even good. This channel doesn't sound digital, but it doesn't really have a crunchy hard/classic rock sound! The metal channel is just like a metal band who decided to go into the digital world. The insane channel is the second best channel. But, I have to admit that channel is good for tapping!

Pingis_Or_Death
    Lastlarf wrote: This amp is supposed to be versatile, but it's not. It's a Metal amp. That's all it can do. It's great for Extreme distortion, and the cleans are at least passable, but everything in between is horrible. Line 6's idea of "crunch" seems to be a horrible grating noise. Not that I'm criticising these reviews, when I first got mine I thought it was awesome too. As my playing developed, however, so did my sense of tone and style, and I began to loath it.
    Yep, the insane channel is without doubt the best feature on the spiders, I can't get a good crunch sound no matter how hard I try though. The clean channel is ok.
    prsmark
    ive had the amp for like a year now bought it off guitar center and honestly, like some of the guys said, the clean doenst sound too hot.. its average playing not great
    iant419
    not a very good amp, the distortion sounds like a garbage disposal. perfect for a beginner though
    Niki (guitar)
    This was my first amp. I got it like two and a half years ago I think, maybe three. It's alright, nothing special, but it gets the job done. The only thing I can't stand is that when I turn the mid or bass up too much it rattles like CRAZY. Other than that, it's perfect for beginners.