Spider II 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 15

Purchased from: ebay

I'm currently using this amp with my Stratocaster copy (which has traditional 3 single coil pickups), I'm using it mostly for rock and metal. I must say the distortion is incredible! Especially when on the "Insane" channel. Most of the time though I have it on the "Metal" channel, as the "Insane" can be a bit much, and it does buzz more while on insane. The "Clean" channel I haven't used much, and it seems to be fairly average, though it gets the job done fine.

I mostly play rock and metal, and this amp is perfect for it. I've been playing for 6-7 months now, using a small 0 Watt practise amp that I didn't really like. After getting this amp I doubt I'll need a new one for a very long time. I haven't got any effects pedals, though I was thinking about getting a distortion pedal, but I don't think I need one now as the distortion on this amp is great (the effects are good too). If it were stolen I'd definatly buy another one. My favourite feature is probaly the different channels, as you can get lots of different sounds out of it. I do wish it had a Wah effect on it though, if it had that it would be (for me) the perfect amp.

Like I said earlier I haven't had this amp very long, but so far so good. I'm not sure if I'd use it at a gig (though it is probaly loud enough). If I was at a gig I'd probaly use this amp, though I think I would bring a backup amp that was bigger than this one, just in case it wasn't loud enough (depends on how big the gig was though). Amp seems to be well made though, it's old but doesn't appear to damaged at all.

Not entirely sure when this amp was made but it seems to be only a few years old. I only got this amp recently, but so far I am loving it. It is a very versatile, and can be used for many different genres such as blues, rock and metal. You can plug a guitar, headphones and a MP3 player (for playing along to music) all at once. Some of the effects I doubt I'll use however there nice to have and experiment with. For a 15 watt amp it is actually very loud, though I wouldn't use it at a gig.