Spider II 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 15

Purchased from: Craigslist

The amp's sound is very lackluster. The built-in Drive and effects are pretty aweful sounding. The reverb is probably the best part of the amp. If you only use the clean channel and get all of your dirt from pedals, this may work for you. If you want any gain at all from the amp, look elsewhere. The clean channel is decent, but there are much better amps out there for $50 more.

I play a little bit of everything. I have been playing guitar for 7 years now, and I own a variety of guitars and pedals, but I am just now upgrading my amp. If this were stolen, broken, or lost, I would buy a different amp. It is decent, but your money could be spent in better ways. I really wish Line 6 worked on the sound. They packed this amp with effects, but the sound quality is really poor. This amp gets a 7. Most of my reviews get 9's on average, and that is acceptable. This amp gets a 7 because it is full of features and is reliable, but is lacking in sound quality.

This is a VERY reliable amp. I have never had an amp-related issue, ever. It is very solid and I have no complaints with durability. I have played it in loud settings and with very bad ground. I have never had an issue, period. Solid state amps are simply rock solid. There are no tubes to change, but the sound is a real issue here. There are better solid state amps on the market like the Vox Valvetronix. This amp was all about reliability but lacks sound quality.

This amp has a crap ton of features. It has 4 channels and is solid state. The built-in effects really are not that great, and the Drive is iffy. It has a lot of features, but very few of them are quality. The reverb is decent though. It can get REALLY loud, but it can also get really muddy at times. It can be hard to get a clear sound, but EQ and decent pickups fix that.

rv_phoenix
    Absolutely! Line 6 Spiders are nothing but digital modelling crap, delivered through one of the worst speakers on Earth. No one who has musical hearing can use them.