Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

Purchased from: Steve's

I use this amp with a Washburn G-5V wich gives gives me the possibility to play all the styles of music you can imagine with all the Precision you need. It is the less noisy amp I have heard in my life, it is still crisp clean at high gain/high volume, you hear what you play and when you stop nothing comes out of it. The distortion is its high point because at the metal setting it boosts a very fat distortion used for Metallica songs but the insane setting is just inhuman and would be awesome if it would not be of that hissing sound in the background that was added for no coherant reason so I just set it to the metal setting.

This is a powerhouse for 500 dollars, plays everything you want, clear effects, monstrous distortion, super clear cleans, etremely heavy. Feels good when you get out of store with it in your arms but after two minutes of walking it's another story.

With all the lights and doodads this amp is not very reliable in terms long term durability but I would definatley use without a backup in it's first 10 years. No problems in 5 months of service.

Extremely versatile, from clean tones to insane. I play mostly metal, rock and punk, it suits me very well. 12 chanels (Amp Models) but you can say 6 chanels with two levels, clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal and insane. Many effects, chorus flange, phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, sweep echo and reverb, all adjustable in degree and frequency. 120 solid state watts in two 10" 60watts speakers (enough to make you deaf with the push of a button) - intergrated tuner and soundgate.