Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

When I bought this amp, sound was crutial. I didn't really think that only a couple hundred could buy me a really good sounding amp, but appearantly it can. I play a lot of Guns N' Roses and the green metal sounding with the gain down a little less than half comes so close I can't tell the difference. It's hard to believe because I play it on 3 single coil pickups. Man so much variety too. You can make any kind of sound really except for wah, so as fun as pedals are, you don't really need one. Distortion kicks a-s, it has to for GNR. It doesn't buzz at all or feedback when you don't want it to, so it works for playing in a small area (if you're a panzy you gotta turn it way down). Sound is the best part of this amp. Again, very nice.

This is a perfect match like I said for my music, classic rock. You just gotta play around with it for a while. I have been playing for almost 3 years and I dont really like to brag but I'm pretty good. I also own a DigiTech RP200 artist multi-effect pedal but I don't like that as much as I like the amp. I really only need the wah. The wah sounds great if you turn the gain off on the pedal and chose my GN'R preference on the amp, just in case u ever wanna really rock out. I would definitely buy a new one. Hell it costs way less than anything else and it works great. I love everything about it. No complaints. My favorite feature has to be the distortion. Amazing. I compared it to a few Marshalls and Fenders and didn't know it was so inexpensive until I had decided on it. I definitely recommend it. Awesome man love this thing to death.

Well if there is one thing I haven't done with this amp it's not taking the greatest care of it. I don't really throw it around or anything but if ran through the rain in it and just this weekend it fell out of my car and slammed pretty good. But it still sounds great. I wouldn't do it on purpose but it can take a beating. And I wouldn't recommend running through the rain with the speakers facing up, but who would? Still having no problems with it so I can't give it any less than a 5.

This amp has lots of great features that most people's reviews haven't payed attention to. One important feature is the tuner built in and since I've lost mine, that really helps. I also like the fact that they have so many different amp models to choose from. And once you pick one, you can still play around with effects like delay, control the gain, and have excellent control over the volume. Very nice.