Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

I'm using an Epiphone SG Standard with double humbucker pickups. Amazing sound, when I was using my Fender Strat, it wasn't getting a very good feedback, with this SG, the feedback is amazing sounding. The clean channel when loud is really actually clean, there's not a lot of sound distortion with it. But when the distortion is on, there is plenty of distortion, and it's an amazing sound. There are actually somewhere around 5-6 distortion channels on this, ranging from a lot of trebble, for a solo sound, to a lot of bass, for the chords and such.

I've had this amp about a year and a half. It rocks, I got the actual amp for 400, and then 4 channel pedal for 80 dollars extra. I compared this to a Crate GLX 212 Combo, and I have to say that the feedback on the Crate is better, but the the Line 6 has a lot more effects, and effect capabilities, and a lot easier interface to change the effects. I've been playing for about 3 years now, I have an Ibanez 15-watt practice amp, an MXR Doubleshot Distortion pedal, a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, a Fender acoustic, and a Fender Stratocaster. I play everything from alternative to "emo" to metalish to rock. This amp has a nice sound for all of them.

This is probably one of the toughest amps I've ever seen, I've dropped mine quite a few times on concrete trying to carry it. It's still in pretty much perfect condition, minus a few scratches and knicks on the bottom side. The only problem with it is that this thing weighs a ton, plus it doesn't have inserts to put casters in, you'd have to drill your own hole in the bottom, like I did. Other than that it's a really strong amp.

The effects may sound a little cheap, but it packs a nice little distortion punch. I played a few gigs with this with my old band, the only problem was that I played the gig the day after I got the amp, so I wasn't really using it to it's full advantage. But even so, it was still a great amp for the price, and loud as hell too. The effect knobs make it a lot easier to choose, and the tap feature makes that aspect even more easy.