Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

I'm using this amp through a Epiphone Les Paul Junior, and it sounds great. I have heard that with strats it doesnt sound as good, not sure why though. Playing rock music it what it was meant for, although it can play other genres. The distortion can go from incredily death metal-ish to a light blues twang.

The amp is a great amp, I reccomend buying it, even if its waiting and saving up that extra cash, cause its great.

I have had no issues with durability with this amp. It's made to last and it does.

This amp has incredible features for the price its costs. It is a solid state modeling amp that is incredibly realistic. It actally has set distortion for diffrent genres of music. The distortion is good, but if you want to have any custom distortion you would have to use a distortion pedal. It has memory, so you can store up to 4 distortion/effects presets in it, and if you buy the pedal that it uses, you can just go back and forth between them onstage. It has a decent reverb option. One of the best features on it is a device it has that eliminates almost all feedback when your not playing. When you are playing it's as noisy as you want, when your not its whisper quiet. I wish that in addition to the preset distortion it had a gain knob, but it doesn't. Some of the effects I never use, but I can see how sombody would use them. Its got enough power for everything you need, barely. I would use it as a practice amp and use a more powerful amp for shows.