Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

Purchased from: Online?

I'm using an Ibanez RG 170 on it right now. As I mentioned before, it fits my playing style dead on. I play in a punk band, so we dont play huge venues. The amp drowns out the drums in a Knights Of Columbus Hall if its turned up past 7. When we play at bar venues, everything is miced, but this amp is loud. The distortion is perfect.

Well, I used to use a 7648398 year old 17 watt Marshall plugged into a 100 watt PA with 2 other microphones, playing with a Kramer from the 1850's, and that didnt work very well. This amp is awesome, I love it. I first played it at my friends dads house. I was amazed at all the shiney knobs and pretty lights. Anyways, that is why I decided to get this amp. So, A perfect 10 for a DIY punk or metal guitarist, just dont expect anything fabulous for anything else.

Very durable and reliable. It survived some crazy punk shows being played by every band, getting soaked in fake blood and knocked over a few times and it still works great. I've had it over a year and theres only some scratches on the bottom. It's never crapped out on me, but sometimes when it's turned up really loud, the vibration causes the knobs to move and sometimes gets some crazy echo in the middle of playing and then you smell burning plastic which probably isn't very good.

I play mainly punk and metal and this amp is perfect. Mine is rarely switched off of the "metal" distortion. It has a very crisp sound. It has and "insane" distortion as well, but when you're doing chuggs or just palm muting, it doesnt sound very good. The clean sounds very nice though. The other effects are neat to play around with, but I couldnt picture a pro blues player using this amp. But like I said, its perfect for punk and metal and awesome to just mess around with. The echos and effects are pretty cool as well. Put it on metal distortion, tremolo, sweep echo and some reverb and then you can play some crazy (sounds kinda dumb) scary music. This amp rakes in 120 watts, fricken cranks. The different channels are awesome too, and same with the built in tuner. I cant really wish it had any more, it fits my needs perfectly, maybe a free foot switch to change channels? I'm giving it a 10 for all the fetures, but it doesnt fit the needs for all playing styles.