Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

Purchased from: Friend

I'm using it with a Jackson DK2 Dinky, mostly the humbucker. I already said it suits my music style; it also has presets for songs like Smells Like Teen Spirit, which can be helpful. It has 12 different sounds, everything from extremely clean to twangy country to insane (what it's actually called) distortion. The clean channel is still plenty clean at high volumes. The distortion can be brutal.

This amp was a great bargain. If for some reason it disappeared, chances are I wouldn't get another one because my parents wouldn't pay for it (not saying it's expensive, I just got a really good deal on this.) I love everything about it; one problem is that the insane channel gives killer feedback, but that's normal. I didn't really shop around, I wasn't expecting to get a new amp. If you're looking for a powerful amp with some cool effects, this is the one for you.

I could depend on it. I don't think I'd need a backup for gigging. It's built plenty well, you'd have to use a sledgehammer to dent it. It's never broken down on me.

Not sure what year the amp is, but it's probably after 2003. It's great for the music I play; I play everything from Satriani to Green Day to Hendrix, as well as some jazz. It sounds great for all of them. I use this amp in my basement; my first gig is in a few weeks. It has way more power than I need. It has lots of effects; chorus flanger, phaser, tremelo, delay, tape delay, sweep delay, and reverb. It also has a distortion booster. The 120W stereo is more than enough for me. As well, it has a headphone jack/jack for the Line 6 pedals. I only wish it had 2 imput jacks instead of one.

childofbodom14
    i think all amps that are 100% digital sound like crap with pedals. they are cheaper than buying a marshall and pedals for example but i dont think they sound as good.
    chilis-fan
    i just got one for $800NZ, this amp is so crazy, has an awesome distortion on it, prety good clean tone, and heaps of effects to muck around with. The footswitch is prety handy too, for those of us too poor to buy effects pedals.
    stratele
    and yeh for punk and ska probely, the metal sound was great and the crunch is beautiful
    stratele
    just got one of these alough I can't have it until christmas lol. I tryed it out and DUDE!! My 1st amp was a fender 15watts and now ive got this!!! This amp is great for the price, and the price has just dropped cause the spider 3s are out. Unfortantly this amp is now discontinuded. Which means ebay or if your lucky a dealer might have one in stock. I got one of the last onse :p
    [B]C [R]ich
    yeah like some of you said..is it true this amp suck with pedals? cuz ive tried this amp and loved it but i didnt have my pedal then, so i guess my question is would it sound fine through the clean channel or should i just look for a different amp?
    the spiker
    There isn't really any difference between the 210 and the 212.. besides speaker size and wattage. So for 100 bucks cheaper and 30 watts less u can get this baby. Which I did. Great amp! I love it.
    vincechang
    wow.. good reviews..=D ive been wanting to buy this amp.. do you guys know the dimentions if it?
    SGMAN911
    yes metalscott76, this thing does suck this pedals for some reason, i use a distortion pedal, chorus, phase 90, and VOX wahh.
    JVDumarC
    cuz I'm thinkin to buy the Line6 bber Metal, and I like this amp too so I don't know... u guys that already have this amp... guide me...
    Spanky Dude
    i am gettin one of these soon, i tryed it out in a shop and it was sooooo loud....