Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

Purchased from: Sound Control

With distortions I set it on the bridge humbucker, with cleans I like to use a middle single coil or bridge and middle config. The distortions can be anywhere from Clapton-esque blues tones to Bring Me the Horizon style ass kicking distortion. I'm sure it could suit any stlye you could think of, the effect are so versatile it's unbelievable. Some people may 'ooh, it's Line 6, it'll sound processed' they can shut up, it doesn't, effects are great full stop.

Good for the style of music I play, my band do a kind of metal/hardcore emo thing mainly involving heavy songs with emo clean songs lol and it's really cool for that stuff. I've been playing for about 2 years, I have a Peavey Raptor EXP and a Zoom 606, hoping to gat a Jackson soon. If this broke, or was stolen, I'd get another, or maybe the Spider III lol. I love the effects and the volume, purely astounding. I don't hate anything about this amp, even the looks are nice! My fave feature is the distortion boost. Just when you think 'shit, I need something heavier' stick that on and you're well away. I went into the shop expecting to come away with a Roland Cube 60, I didn't try it out, but the lack of channels put me off. This was slightly more expensive, but for the extre 10-20 it was, there was so much more, you got an extra speaker and 3 more channels. Overall I love this beauty. If it were a woman I would make sweet love to i.

I've not had much use with it at high volumes, but when I tried it out in the shop, when up halfway, it was really, really loud. I have yet to play at a gig, my band's kinda working on getting some in the new year hehe. I've had it for a few months, never a problem. But can't really say much, I'll rate it on it's durability thus far.

Great amp for the price, I'll start by saying, it's amazingly loud for it's size. The two 60 watt speakers have enough power to kil small rodents. The built in effects are great, so it saves you money on pedals, there are artist presets available on the net, none of which are that good to be honest, but after a bit of messing around you can get some amazingly crushing distortions and some really warm clean tones. The phasers and flangers are great because of the two speakers. It came with an FBV2 footswitch, which the bloke in the shop said I had to buy separately for 60 or something. Good little, simple footswitch. There are 4 built in channels with presets which you can overwrite and store your own stuff in there. There's some 'hidden features' such as a built-in noise gate and a distortion boost that give a little extra dirt to the sound. there's also a headphone jack.

davebooska
    i just got this amp.. i have a Line 6 POD XT Live pedal. the pedal was GREAT with my other amp on the clean channel.. with this amp it sucks. i think i might need to redo the pedal settings, but at the moment, it just sounds like a high pitched hissing noise. without the pedal, the amp sounds amazing!
    claudman
    i have one of these babies and i love it. the sound is amazing and clear. true, it does suck with pedals