Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

Purchased from: Back Alley

I use a Ibanez RGT42DX and a Yamaha (unsure of model) through this amp, as well as occassionally, a Westfield Les Paul. All guitars have stock pickups. Using the Ibanez through it, it can cause a funny crackling sound, that only appears now and again, and it affected by how close to the electricity you are and if you touch the actual pickup. Touching the pick stops the noise. You can only hear this noise through the disortion channal, but the other guitars don't create this noise (this maybe something to do with the pickups, but I've played it through other amps and not had the noise appear). This amp has enough sounds for what I personally need, but it definitely wouldn't suit some other people. I find that when you put on chorus or phaser, you can't get a little bit, it's either a lot, or none at all which is a bit of a let down. The disortion on this amp is first class for the money. I honestly believe it would be difficult to buy an amp and effects pedels for cheaper, and get a better sound.

For metal, this amp is absolutly class for the money. I've been playing for 3 and a half years now, and I know a lot of people Who've paided much more on guitars, amps, pedals etc, and not had anywhere near the sound quality. If it were stolen, I think I'd look around to what else there is, and possibly buy something else, just for a change to be honest, but I'd highly recommend this amp to a beginner/intermediate looking to play metal of all types. My only faults with the amp are: adding chorus phaser etc, is all or nothing. It wouldn't suit some people's style of playing. It's stupidly heavy!

Put it this way, I could throw mine down the stairs, and it would still work perfect I'm sure. It's never let me down, and I would never consider using a back-up for this amp. These seem to be a reliable amp, that don't suffer with breaking down or anything of that nature.

The Line 6 Spider II 210 is an amp I'm glad I bought, and suited my budget very nicely. I'm not entirely sure when the amp was made, but I bought mine in March of 2006. The Spider II suits perfectly for the style of music I play on a regular basis, which is metal/hardcore/scremo etc. The amp has built in effects, and you can save your effects to 4 different channels, labelled A to D. Their are a total of 12 affects, only six categories, each one with a red and green light, indicating the change. It's quick and easy to change the settings. I use a FBV express pedal which has four seperate buttons for switching to and from affects, plus one foot pedal for the volume, and can be changed to the Wah Wah effect. I wish the amp included more Effects, and went into a bit more detail when adding effects, as the amp is a bit of an all or nothing amp. I use the amp during practises in my garage, and I never have to play over half the volume. I also use it in small gigs, and again, never have to turn it above half. So for people looking to use this amp for those type of things, it's perfect! Be warned, this amp is stupidly heavy!

A6StringWorld
    this amp kicks ass, i've played at clubs and halls and never turned it past 7 and im the only guitarist in my band. It doesnt really matter what style you play to buy this amp, it can work for everything and the "metal" isn't nececcarily metal its just a less dirty distortion. the input jack has fallen of 3 times though.