Spider II 210 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 210

I use a black RR3 w/Seymour Duncans and this amp really screams. This amp suits my style of metal well. The amp gets a little fuzzy on insane but that's what it is supposed to do. I don't know too much about the clean setting because I don't use it. The distortion ranges form high to low as you change the models, insane has the most distortion. Clean the least.

Like I said, I play metal and it is a great amp for my style. I have been playing for a bit over a year now. When I first started playing I had a Peavey Rage 158 transtube amp. If it were stolen/ lost I would definately buy something else. One thing I love about this amp is the metal setting. The one thing I hate about it is, it is too small. My favorite feature about it is, it's amp models.

The amp is reliable. If I used it at a gig I would not use a backup. My amp has never broken down, so it is pretty durable. I would never let this amp break down because of neglect. If it broke down I would probably get it fixed and sell it.

This amp is very versatile, I play '80s and '90s metal. The crunch model w/the green light sounds awesome for '80s style play. The metal model w/the green light sounds awesome for Metallica. It has 4 different channels to store your settings, but I don't really use them too much. It has 7 different effects which are good. I rarely use the delay/echo too much, only when I am not practicing. I only use it for practicing in my room. One of the best things about this amp is the celestion speakers.

Rickmassacre
    I have A Line 6 Spider 2 Gig Amp 150 Watt It's Amazing End of. I Dont see whats wrong with it with pedals it sounds great I Hardly use my pedal But i have 2 Effects Pedels Ones A V-Amp2 And i cant remember the other The Switch Pedal With my model is great because it doesnt take batteries it uses a ADSL lead you get with it Which to me i think is great I have a commodore Standard 30 practice Amp Which is nothing compared to my line 6 so i use the line 6 to practice one :] If you want an amazing, gig amp that'll give you great preformance on stage Its a recomonded buy
    Base Ics
    I have this one with a Dunlop Wah Wah pedal. It's not all that bad rlly. The thing with this amp is it has many "toys" and special sounds and you have to make sure you know which ones are on and off, or else you can mess up your tone without knowing why. I think the big criticism on Line 6 amps comes from the fact that their system takes a little time to get used to. But once you know exactly how it works, you can really use pedals etc with it. Random example: if you'd have a pedal or loopstation that adds reverb on a sound that (without you knowing) already had reverb on it, you can really mess the sound up.