Spider II 212 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 212

Purchased from: n/a

I play with a Jackson Ps-4 using a HSH pickup config and it suits my style perfect, it plays metal, rock and solos with pefection, whilst still being distroted it can still sweep thorugh a huge tonal specturm. And theres more noise and than you can shake a stick at, it makes every needed sound possible. even in high distrotion the sound quality is still amazing and the distortion really is unreal.

I play alot of metal, rock, punk and lead solo's and each style can be matched perfectly with this amp even if I was going to platy classical or country i know it would beat most other amps. I've been playing about 2 years and own a Jackson PS-4 guitar (not modded) this amp, (Line6 Spider 2: 212) and did use multiple FX peddles (distortion, chorus etc. Though I dont need them anymore thanks to this amp!) If this amp was stolen, I would personall hunt down the person who stole it and slap them untill they gave it back. Yes it would be worth it! My favourite feature on the amp is the 12 amp models 'cos they really do give you the versitillity to play anything you want. I don't think any amp can beat this one for the money.

So far I've never had to use it at a gig as professional PA has alays been used, although I can say that this is always better than what I use at gigs (so next time im taking this baby down to rock the show). I can comfortably say that you would not need a backup amp whilst gigging with this amp, unless your go totally mad and try to break it, I dont think it will ever break.

Just got this amp about 3 weeks ago and it rocks, it will play anything you've ever dreamed of playing. The amp had 4 channels which are switchable with the included foot pedal which is extremely useful, there are 12 amp model presets from clean to insane which work wonders and there are 7 (very very high quality) effects to mess around with aswell. It's got every feature you will need, but none you wont ever use, it has a built in tuner, noise gate and drive boost along with the effects. I use this amp to practise alone, with my band and at gigs, its 150watts of power kick out enough for most gigs.