Spider II 212 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 212

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

I am using the Line 6 with a Fender Stratocaster and a Hondo 935 Deluxe (based on a Gibson SG). Both guitars sound absolutely beautiful through the amp & I just find myself coming up with some terrific little tunes, especially with the 'Delay' and 'Chorus' effects on. It's loud, I get very little hissing and buzzing from it, and I can produce virtually any sound that i wish by mixing and matching all the effects. As they say, Quality speaks for itself!

I am 16 and have been playing for 8 years. I have my own website but it doesn't always work because the company i host with are rubbish. You can try it though at www.henrywillard.com. The amp suites my style pretty well, but I am still experimenting with the sounds and effects. If the amp were stolen then I would hunt down the theaf & hit them over and over until they gave it back. But if that failed, then I would just save up till I got enough money to replace it. I don't know if I could ask for much more from the Line 6 Spider II 212. It has hundreds of sounds, a built in guitar tuner, and a pedal included. I suppose if I was to be really picky then I suppose I wouldn't mind a built in CD/Minidisk player or something cool like that, but thinking about it that would just be pointless - So no, I don't think Line 6 could do much more to improve the little beauty!

I havn't gigged with it yet but certainly wouldn't hesitate taking it on stage. Besides, If i needed a certain sound or effect in a song then I can just program it into the amp & away I go! Here at my home it is steady and constant in what it produces. I shall rate the reliability as 'good', as I am yet to try it out at a show.

I have only had this amp a few days and I am already in love with it! It is loud enough to break the glass in my house and is perfect for when I am jamming with my friends and simply playing along with my CD's. It is pretty heavy, but that's a good thing right?! It came with a foot pedal for switching between the four different channels, & I just love the look of it - Compact, yet big & dominant. The effects on it are a brilliant bonus, but I find that I don't use the 'Insane' effect that much. I play blues, soul, and alternative rock and pop, so It has pretty much all the effects that I need. I have to add that the built in Guitar Tuner is terrific!