Spider II 212 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 212

Purchased from: Salop Music Centre, Shrewbury, UK

With this amp, I use a Vintage SG with double coil humbuker pickups, and it doesn't feed back very easily, and doesn't create unpleasent noise. This amp suits my music style of rock really well, as the distortion tones are really really nice. You can change anything to the settings of the tones, so the distortion can be very brutal, and can create a humongously wide variety of tones and sonuds. I don't know id the clean tones are distored at high volumes, because I've only ever need the volume half way up; thats in a gig in a large-ish club, which proves it's power!

The only other amps I have ever had are an old Vox, and an old Fendeer Frontman, so this amp is like a god to me. I've been playing guitar for 2 and a half years, and this is the best amps I have ever tried, even better than Marshall! I would defiently buy this amp again if I needed to, no doubt about it! I chose this amp because it was amazing for the price, and suited the style I play in. I recomend this amp for any rock guitarist.

I would depend on this amp any day. It does get quite heavy to carry around, but it has nver failed me.

This amp only came out in October 2003, and is one of the Latest Line 6 amps, and I think they have been working on this model for years to get the best sounds. This amp is perfect for loads of differnt styles of music. I mostly play metal, and there are many different distortion tones to choose from. There are four channels on this amp, unless you buy the FBV Shortboard wich has 36 channels, but the amp comes with the FBV2 that allows you to switch between the channels. Their is a headphone/direct record output, but this doesn't cut off the speaker. This amp includes 4 effects - chorus, flange, phaser, and tremelo. It also includes delay, tape echo, and sweeping echo. You can put any one effect with any one delay/echo, and you can even but reverb over that, and choose the level of reverb. This amp also has wah built in, but you have to buy the FBV shortboard to access it. This amp should have vibrato, as it a pretty important effect, and it could do with different kinds of reverb e. g garage, room, hall etc. I use this amp in my bedroom, in my band practise shed, and at gigs, and it is perfect for every situation - the powere is amazing. It is quite a heavy amp, but it is an excellent amp full of many nessassery features.