Spider II 212 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 212

This is a great amp if you are looking for versatile sound for what every kind of music you may be wanting to play. The features were ok, but the sound is excellent. The amp can take a good beating, you can crank distortion and gain into this thing and it sounds absolutely destructive, it dosen't get muddy what so ever. The clean models sounds to beautiful, they show come of the best clarity I've ever heard from an amp (it sounds better or as good as most Fenders).

I play metal, hardrock, and some really dramatic clean s--t. And this amp can cover all of it. It was perfect for me (though I'm still aiming for an HD-147). I've been playing though for only 2 ad a half years, but I know what I'm talking about. The one problem I can tell though is that you need a good guitar to really bring out tonal quality (I have an Epiphone SG Special, it sucks). I would get this amp again if I needed too. Still the model mess ups get to me, but I get over it, the others make up for it. So, if your interested, it's deffinately worth a try, and worth the money for 150 watts of Line 6 power.

This amp is deffinately dependable, I've already had this amp rained on and dropped, and this thing still works and sounds as great as it did whenever I first got it out of the box. It is perfect for gigs too, the sounds can reach for ever. And it has never glitched on me beofre, ever. It's a keeper.

This amp was made in 2004 and it is a kick ass amp with all of the features it has. The effects are great sounding, though I really wish that the chorus and flanger could have been seperate. The four channels it has was a great feature (instead of the common "clean", "distortion" and "lead") so you can have two different distortions and everything. Works great if you get a fvb-4 footswitch. All of the different amp models were great except for 2 of them. I'm not sure if it came like this or just a f--k up in the manufacturing. The metal-green channel has some of the best distortion, but the problem is it gets way to loud too quick and you cant risk using it (you can turn the channgel volume all of the down with the master on 1 and you can still hear it) crazy, and the insane-red channel was messed up too, this weird effect was on it that you cant take off, so that sucks.