Spider II 212 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 212

Purchased from: Bruno's Guitars

I own a Squier Showmaster with a humbucker and a single coil and I have to admit, it isn't the greatest guitar but still it sounds great with this amp. One of the features of this amp is a noise gate so it doesn't get noisy even when you stand next to it with the gain on 10! I only use a few channels from the 6 channels (clean, metal and insane) and they al sound great. The clean sound really clean, the metal is very heavy and the insane is just great.

This amp suits allmost every music style and is great for the period between practice amp and a halfstack. If it where lost I wouldn't buy it again but I would buy a halfstack. It's not that I ain't satisfied with it but a halfstack is just what every guitarist dreams of I think. The only things I would change on this amp are the effects that could sound lots better and instead of a 2 button switch, a 4 button switch (with or without a expression pedal) would be much better. For everything else - great amp!

I haven't gigged with it yet but I'm shure that it's very great for gigs and I wouldn't take a backup. The amp has not yet broken down and it's like a rock! The only weak thing on this amp are the buttons. One problem with this amp is that it is really heavy (25 to 30 kilos).

This amp is really great. It has many features that are great for allmost every guitarist! You have 6 amp models with every time a green led and a red led. I play mostly hardrock and metal and it's just perfect. The insane channel on this amp is just perfect. It can give you as much distortion as you want to play real heavy metal but when you put the gain on 3 it is perfect for songs like 'Seven Nation Army'. The amp has 4 programmable channels and the amp was delivered with a 2 button footswitch. There are a few effect loops like: chorus/flanger, sweep echo, tape echo, delay, phaser. But I almost never use them because they don't sound very good. The amp is 150 watt stereo and I haven't gigged with it yet but for practice with the band it's loud enough! I usually set the master channel on 4 and that's loud enough.