Spider II 212 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Line 6: Spider II 212

Purchased from: Music World Academy

I'm playing on a Jackson. I'm not sure what model. The amp sound does not change much. All the distortions sound the same. The bass, mid and treble knobs do not change the tone much. It sounds mostly the same no matter what pickup I use. Also, when you turn on an effect such chorus or reverb for example, play for a while, and turn it off, teh effect lingers for a while. This also happens when I use my Crybaby Wah with the amp. It leaves it with a very trebley tone. The overall sound of the amp is not very good, maybe for a practice amp, buying the spider 15 may be good, but it is not good for a larger amp.

Overall it is not a good amp. I am attempting to return it to the store. I liked it at the time I bought it but then I was just looking for some built in effects. Don't take an hour to play around on this amp and then buy it. Honestly take your time and think about it because I almost guarantee you will come to hate it.

I've played a couple gigs with it and jam with it often, it has never broken down. It's extremely heavy but oh well, the only thing is sometimes the sound changes for no reason during the middle of a song, it will become more or less trebley for no reason at all.

There are a total of 10 knobs on the amp. The first is amp models, allowing you to pick between 12 different amp models. The second is drive, which pretty much determines how much distortion you want. The next three are bass, mid, and treble, which have next to no effect on the sound at all. Sixth is channel volume. Next three are effects knobs. These effects are very poor and give you very little room to experiment, you'd be much better off buying a pedal. Finally theres the master volume knob. You can save 4 preset sounds. Overall the features do not change the sound much.

zakkrulez
    i own this amp, and i have to say i have yet to experience a more robust, reliable, versatile and generally awesome sounding amp! i have used my 212 in both gig and studio environments, and it has yet to let me down in any way, shape or form. I have to say i disagree with the idea that it is mainly designed for metal sounds, although they are amazing, i play a wide range of styles, and have always been able to find the right sound for the right song. Amazing amp, 10/10