Spider II 212 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 212

I have used both humbuckers, and single coils through this amp and both sound powerful and clear. It suits me pretty well, seeing as how it has so many different sounds at such a good price. I haven't had any noise problems with this guitar like buzz, or crackling or anything of the sort. Although when you change to the Insane channel be ready for some distortion and noise. I haven't had a distorted clean channel at high volumes to where it has become problematic. And the distortion on this amp is sweet, for when I do a distorted song, I usually flip it to the Metal channel and it sounds real thick yet crunchy, with little excess humming. Of course it depends on the song for which setting you are on.

I play a blend of everything mainly Indie Rock, and this amp is a good match with all of its versatile sounds and options. I would've gotten the larger Line 6 pedal to go with this amp had I known about it previous to my purchase. If this amp were stolen I would save up and get a tube amp. I love the price and all of the options and performance that come with that price, I wish it were tube. If you cannot afford a tube amp get this amp, don't buy a marshal or Fender if they are not tube, from my comparison this is the best non tube amp at this price.

I definitely depend on this amp, and I have used it in gigs with and without backups, it's very tough. I depend on this amp always, as it has never broken down on me and I take good care of it. It is a good amp especially for the price. Reliable, and durable.

This amp is totally versatile, which is one of the main reasons I bought it. I was looking for an amp that was pretty loud, tough, full of options, and in a moderate price range. And this amp fills those specifications perfectly. I play a little bit of everything and this amp gave give a sound for everything I play. And it's tough for when my band goes on the road. When you buy this amp the employee will probably ask you if you are interested in the footswitch that comes along with the amp, if they don't, and you play Live, then you ask them. It is only $70 and allows you to Switch between the 4 savable channels that you can set. And it has a wah pedal attached. Although I wish this amp were tube, it does come with 2 celestion speakers that, when cranked up, sound pretty darn good, and pretty loud. Also there are "tap" settings in which you can set the delay, echo, and other features, times and repetitions. There are also 6 preset channels that sound good, and are great for beginners Who aren't exactly sure how to work an amp.

WoW guitarist
    i have the newer version same size only spider III and it pwns whatever you need to play u've got the effects 4 it all you need to buy to accesorize is the line 6 pedal, itsl like 80 bucks but WORTH IT its got a channel selctor, built in tuner with a screen right in the pedal, and a built in wah effect its awesome
    nick dixon
    I have just bought one of these amps, and I have to say it absoultly owns both my Marshall Valvestate 8080, and my AVT2000 150 half stack, and I swaer to god its louder haha. Its great. Oh yeah, too all the ass-hats saying "oh its a piece of shit", well maybe you shouldnt have tried it before buying. Also, its a 250 solid state 2x12, not a 3000 all valve half stack.
    Cobain_Is_King
    SandmaN69 wrote: If you dont like metal why own one. If metal aint youre style why own an amp that is primarily targeted to that style of playing ???
    I could not agree more. People complain that there Spider II sucks because it only suits metal, if thats the case then the must not have known anything about the amp prior to buying it. Everyone knows the Line 6 Spider range seems to be associated with metal, so why buy it if that isn't what your looking for? Anyway, I own it. Great amp, suits my sound just fine.
    sfsknight07
    this amp is amazing for metal! ive had it for almost a year now and im in love with it. it is decent with cleans and slight distortion, depending on what guitar you run through it. the only problem i had was with the noise gate. it didnt do shit, so i just went out and bought one. my setup now consists of one pedal...I LOVE THIS AMP
    TheCalvinator
    I love this amp, great cleans, sick distortion, extremely versatile with all the amp models and the right guitar. I agree with the above poster the noise gate does suck so i went and bought a cheap berignger noise reducer which does the job fine. This amp kicks the shit out of any other solid state and can hold its own among tube amps.