Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: N/A

The sound I really like. But I'll explain to you why I gave it a 4. When I turn on the amp and its in clean mode (or when I just sweep to the clean channel) theres an echo effect on (even with the dial turned to 0). I can turn it off, I just turn the dial up and down to 0. But theres still an odd swooshy sound in the clean. It's extremely unnoticable but still I can kind of still hear it. Its really no big deal at all but I am just writing the review. But other than that small detail, the sound is above amazing. The distortion can be played raw, smooth, light, heavy any way you like. And Line 6's website provides all the tone settings to some of the greatest bands and songs in the history of rock. Songs like "Purple Haze", "Master Of Puppets", "Whats my age again?", "Smoke On The Water" and more and more. And yes it will sound exactly like the real songs!

My overall impression of this bad boy is "wow!" Simply that. I love it and I'll play it for hours. I'm telling you to buy this amp now! Heh. It's a great buy. I bought it for less than $250 bucks! One of the best values I have ever seen! If it seems to good to be true, it isn't. I'm telling you, not out of hype, but out of fact and experience. I will advice you strongly to check this amp out if you are looking to buy a practice combo amp around 30 watts. Line 6 freaking rules!

I haven't had this amp for a very long time. But so far I have had absolutly no problems at all. None. It's been acting like a good little amp should. I use it during gigs absolutly! There's no reason not to use this amp if you have it! Simple as that.

The Line 6 Spider II series is an amazing amp module. But the Spider II 30 watt amp is one of the best practice amps I have ever played in my life! I now own my first Line 6 after I recieved it as a gift at Christmas. The features on this baby are astounding! There are 4 different channels and you can customize each channel's tone to fit exactly what you need! Theres clean, crunch, metal, and Line 6's signature channel, insane. I love playing Enter Sandman on the metal channel. Just because it sounds exactly like Metallica! There are also 6 effects you can adjust to your pleasure. Chorus flange, phaser, tremelo, tape echo, sweep echo, and reverb. And a cool little device you tap on to choose a speed of echo. Its really killer. Another awsome feature is that you can plug in your cd player/mp3 player and play the songs from that and play your guitar along on the amp at the same time! I play my new Green Day album like this all the time. Theres a plug for headphones, and FBV pedals. The features on this amp are so great how could they get it all into this 30 watt practice amp?