Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

I use a BC Rich Warlock with its stock pickups but I have ran a few different guitars through the amp and they have all sounded very nice. The amp really suits my style of playing I can get the ideal sounds out of it and it works very good in lead or rhythm. I can't say the amp is ever noisy even turned to the max. The clean channel is very nice it doesnt distort at high volumes and with a little bit of effects it can get a very suductive sound.

The only thing that pisses me off about this amp is it didn't come with the pedal controler for it. Personaly I feel it should come with the controler because it is really stupid to have to diddle with the buttons on the amp. I love every thing about this amp if it was a woman I would probably marry it.

I have never had the amp break down and it has fallen over and everything it's very sturdy and I would rely on it every time.

The amp is new this year and is on of Line 6's new line up of amps. This amp is very good for all kinds of music. It has 4 channels from left to right clean, crunch, metal and insaine. The amp comes with factory presets that you can over write but at any time can go back too them. I have had this amp for a good 5 months and is hasn't had any problems what so ever. I use it's built in noise gate so I ge no feed back in any way. But with the noise gate off you can get some really nice feed back especialy on the insaine channel. The amp doesnt have the best distorion inless it has the distortion boost turned on so it really needs a distortion pedal paired with it. A Metal Zone by Boss is a good pedal to pair with the amp. You can get a very nice early Metallica sound out of it then.