Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

I use a cheap imitation Les Paul. But with the Spider II, I feel more confident playing live. Yes, maybe the Spider II does not deserve a guitar like mine, but I'll get a new guitar soon. The EQ on this amp is very versitile. It makes the amp adaptable to any kind of style. It has a little hissing the first time I played loud, but when I turned on the noise reduction, it sounded cleaner. The distiortion is, like I said, beast! Especially the insane channel.

I play Dream Theater, other rock, some alternative and reggae music and this amp complements with my playing. I've been playing for 6 years now, and I have never used a better amp than this. I chose this amp among others because it suits my style, and I do not need much of a really loud amp. this amp is just right for me. And I have no doubts when I bought it.

It's totally dependable, I wouldn'd need a backup.

I play mostly rock and a bit of funk, reggae and alternative. This amp has 4 channels and they are all beasts! Especially the insane channel. It has a headphone jack and an audio input for CD/MP3 players, which is really good, specially when practicing at home. Compared to my first amp, this is much better, my mom gets angry whenever I play at home even if I turn it on its minimum. I even blow off our drummer, when I use it during band practice.