Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: Sigler Music

I have a Squier by Fender (it's modeled after the Gibson SG) with Twin duncan pickups. The clean channel is just that! Its so clean every mistake is heard! It's good for some people, but not me. The metal and insane channels I use the most. I play mostly heavy rock to alternative type music. I now have a 4-track recorder, so I have layed down a rhythem in the metal setting, then layed down a lead with the insane setting with some tape echo effects and it sounds awesome. It does lack some in the distortion department, but its okay for me (for now anyways).

This is the perfect beginner amp for anyone, with room to grow for intermidiate and expert players. If I lost this amp or if it were stolen, I would definitly buy another Line 6 amp, but one with more power. For the money its the best buy around!

Turn the switch on and its ready for full blast rockin'. No noise or humming like some amps. It really doesnt have enough Wattage for gig situtions, maybe a small party or bar, but nothing too big. I've never had any problems, it has always working without a glitch.

My amp is a 2004 model. I bought it in February 05', I bought my first guitar at the same time! So I am a beginner, this amp made it sound as if I knew what I was doing. It has four channels, clean, crunch, metal, insane. 7 effects including chorus/flange, phaser, tremblo, sweep echo, tape echo, & reverb. You can use 2 effects at once! It has several hidden features including a noise gate, and a distortion boost. In the past 9 months I have learned alot about playing guitar and this amp has powered thru all of it! Its loud enough to hurt my ears, and that's saying alot. I have finally bought the FBV Express FootPedal, but haven't tried it out yet.