Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: Mattchetts Music

I'm using my Cort X2 Custom with it and an armoured Venom cable. It suits all music styles as far as I can see but the clean could use a little more depth, but thats easly re-set as I've already done. With its built in noisegate there are no unwanted noises. Which I found hard to beleve theres a bit of a buzz when its up past 120db or so! The dirt is amazing but still clean and the insane mode is unbelevable its so loud and warped, like someone sawing a monkey in half! But still clean. Keeps the sounds shape.

If it where stolen or lost I would add fifty quid to the price and get its bigger bro. Or this amp if I couldn't get the money for the bigger one. I think ill be using Line 6 for a long time. I love the clean mode just 'cause it is so sparkly clean, no noise! I compared it to its smaller bro and to a selection of Marshall and Laney amps, I bought this one because it has a 12" Celestion Custom speaker and a lot of functions and features for an amp under 200 pounds. I only wish it had a rack tuner like some of the larger models in this range.

I think it's very dependable but it has a plastic fascia and no kick proof screen over the cone I wouldn't need another amp, it won't break down.

Made in 2005. I play everything from rock ballads to metal and this amp really can be tweaked util it suits any style. It has 4 channels clean, crunch, metal and insane, these are all reprogrammable with your own custom tones, it has 2 smart effects controls and 6 effects in total, reverb, tape echo and sweep echo on one dial and chorus/flanger, tremelo and phaser on the other. It has an ethernet cable operated foot contol jack, a combined headphone in jack and record out jack! you can record directly from this amp and a mp3 or cd input. This amp is loud, easly big enough for a smallish gig. It also has a tempo control for the echos and phaser and trem also a built in noisegate.