Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: Sound Control

I'm playing it through a Fender Telecaster and a Yamaha Electro acoustic and also a Korg AX1500G ToneWorks effect modelller, I have to say it sounds bloody amazing, it can get a meaty crunch out of my telecaster for when I play heavy metal but also a shimmering clean sound for Blink 182 - Whats My Age Again? which you can download the exact setting off the official line6 site. I playt almost everything and have a wide range of taste in music but mainly I play pop rock (embarrassing I no) punk, rock, classic rock, indie, heavy metal and blues from time to time and this amp is great for everything. The variety of sound this amp can give you is amazing the 6 effects can be matched to ur every need. There is one small problem which is pretty minor, the amp seems to forget itself even thought the echo switches are off you still get an echo when you click on the clean amp model and also when you go on the crunch amp model, when you've turned the drive setting rite up it isn't. However all of this is dealt with my jus a simple flick of the toggle and its back too whats its meant too do, just get slightly irritating, but amazing non the less.

I play mostly Blink 182, Greenday, Fightstar, Bullet For My Valentine, Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, Muse etc. And this amp meets my every need for this sorta thing and will probably suit anything else you throw at (I even learned 'wannabe' by the spice girls for sum frends to sing along too) it and will perform excellently. I've bin playing for about 2-3 years. I was goin to buy a Marshall 30 watt amp or a Fender but I choose this because of the versatility I cud out of it and not the other two. The guy in the shop actually recommended me this because I had my heart set on the Marshall but I changed my mind and I'm glad of it! Mick Thomson and Ben Moody have also showed ther love for the amp on the Line 6 amp (they have some talent to say the least) so if any one was stuck for a new amp with ther amp but still wanted a practice amp which could do more I recommend this trust me for the price its amazing!

This baby is a monster! It's built like a brick shit house. I've only had it for 2 weeks or so but I've had no problem. I would definately use it without a back up maybe for large gigs mic it up, but for now its amazing and is definately for someone who wants an amp with everything on it, very versatile and will b loud enough to play with your band.

It was made in 2005, so the guy in the shop tells me lol. It comes with 4 amp models clean, crunch, metal and insane. It's also got 6 Smart Control FX (2 you can play at the same time) including phaser, chorus/flanger, tremolo, sweep echo, tape echo, and reverb. It's like having a mini pedal on an amp so thts useful. You can also make your own channels by setting them to a setting you like and holding down one of the clean, crunch, metal or insane buttons. It's also got a tap tempo to go with the echo. It's got an CD/mp3 input jack socket which rocks, you can play along with your fave band. A headphone/direct out, which is good to put sum headphones in when u don't want to piss your mum's off and for home recording. It's also a 12" speaker which is a monster, however I've only compared it to a Marshall 30 watt. You also have the choice of using a footswitch which I havent tried. This things packed with features and is one of the reasons I picked it, they all sound amazing too and you can get so many sounds out of this thing. I use it in my house and its great for that and I've also jammed with some friends and its dealt with it brilliantly for a 30 watt amp. in my opinion it could easily handle small gigs or medium gigs without doubt.