Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: www.music123.com

Currently I'm using an Epiphone SG Special with humbuckers, because my ESP F-50 is getting fixed, dont get me wrong. ESP's own but theres a wire that got loose and a friend let me borrow his. It suits my style because I started out with single coil and its harder to do harmonics on them but when you Switch from single coil to humbuckers you notice a difference, and if you got EMG's you'd be able to do them alot easier. The amps really good at not groaning like alot of other amps do at high gain and volume. The amp makes alot of sounds, there's a low, high, and mid, knob for fine tuning it just the way you want it. It also has channel volume and a master volume. Then the two effect knobs with 3 effects on each and you can have 2 going simultaneously. The distortion is great nothing is muffled together and its a great amp all around.

I play alot of metal and heavy metal, and the insane channel is perfect for that. I've been playing for a couple of months, because I quit over the summer, just wasn't interested now I'm more than interested and I'm always playing when I can. I own a little Kustom 10 Watt and a ESP LTD F-50. If this amp got stolen I'd hunt the person down and beat them with a stick, I love this amp to death and I did alot of research on the company and others before I bought it and it seemed to be the best 30 watt I could find. I have 2 favorite features on it, the effects and the ability to play along with songs because you can plug your mp3 player into it.

This is the most dependable amp I've owned. I'd trust it on a gig without a backup. the amp has never broke down, my friend has the same and has had it for a little while and nothings happened to it.

I would reccomend this amp for anyone who's just begining or someone Who's just starting with the smaller gigs. On the first notch its loud enough to practice on and halfway its much louder. The amp is good for metal and heavy metal, it has 4 channels, clean, crunch, metal, and insane, metal being a Metallica metal someone around the black album, and the insane being for heavy metal like Children Of Bodom perhaps. Theres a special plug in for Line 6 pedals that Switch through the channels and you can preset the channels how you want it so you dont have to turn up the tape echo knob if theres a song that goes from clean to alot of distortion and echo right away. The effects are chorus flange, phaser, tremolo, sweep echo, tape echo, and reverb. There's a headphone jack on it so you can play in your room and not disturb the family or annoy them. There's also a plug in where you can plug your mp3 player or CD player in so you can play along with the songs you know and work on timing and stuff. So far I've just used this amp in my room and around the house but I'm sure it would serve you well in the smaller gigs. This amp has enough power for the pro's that dont need a bunch of fullstacks or halfstacks to practice.

harry_manback
    mystman_tim wrote: whoa i think you guys paid a bit much, i got my spider II 112 for for about $325(CAN) and the sounds so much cleaner when u go loud than it is on the spider II 30s. the noise gate is awesome, goes dead silent when u stop playing but only down side to this amp is..being a transistor amp...its hard to get feedback when you want it
    couldn't agree with you more. Bought one two years ago when I first started playing and didn't know or care about what gear I got. now whenever I play I look at it and go, "God I'm such A F'n idiot!"
    ~AdNy
    Hey, if anyone wants one in the New Jersey area, ill give you a lightly used one for $100
    Zwart
    i played it with a bc-rich warlock, and the sound sucked, and that wasn't the fold of the guitar or from me!
    Goon
    I hate this amp. It sounds so fake and it's really hard to get any good clean tones out of it which doesn't suit my style of music. Don't get this unless you're going to be playing a lot of metal or anything with disortion. The insane channel can sound awesome and is a lot of fun anyway.
    xX Maverick Xx
    this is a metal head amp, great for jamming, not for gigs or for ppl who use clean tone. Insane channel is amazing, especially when u roll back the mid drive and crank up treble and bass.