Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

I'm using it with the Behringer guitar from the V-tone pack, and I don't know the pickup style. it goes really well with the heavy metal that I play. It's not really noisy, only if you have the volume real high with the guitar plugged in it near it, usually on the insane and metal channels. The amp can sound as heavy as metal, but as soft as some classic rock bands. The clean channel is pretty good no matter how high the volume is. The distortion is my favorite thing on the amp. It really fits my style, and my band likes how it sound with our music, it's insane.

Like I mentioned before, I play heavy metal, and this matches it good, especially the distortion. My frind got me into the Spider series. Playing for 3 years, I own a Behringer guitar with a cable and strap, and thats pretty much all I use. Well I got the feel of this amp from my firend so there wouldn't have been any questions to ask, just the reliability. If I lost this or got it stolen, I would probably get something else but still of the Spider II family, I would just get a bigger model. I love the Insane distortion. The only thing I dont like about it is that if you have the volume up really high on the insane channel it increases the bass, and makes it sound like the amps going to blow. Well I compare it to all the other spiders out there. I chose this one because it was affordable and gave me the sound I like. I wish I had the Spider II HD 75 with cab.

I would most likely depend on it, and I might use it at a gig, but not sure yet because of the size. But I could use it for a gig w/o a backup. No, this amp hasn't broken down, yet at least I hope not.

I don't know the year this was made in. I like this amp verys much and it works the music I play which are heavy metal. It has four channels: clean, crunch, metal, and insane which you can switch while playing with fingers. it has a headphone jack for private listening and to not disturb other people around you. I wish the amp had somthing you can Switch the channels with with something other than ur fingers because u may have to take a pause to switch the channels from clean to Insane. I hardly ever use the phaser and chorus. I use this amp in my band in my friends basement, you can hear it better in wide open areas like outdoors or a bigger room than in tight spaces like the kind I'm in. I'll look forward to getting the HD75 head with cab. Extras include a record out output for recording.

spartanoneonese
    I've had this amp for nearly 2 years now and I must agree, somtimes the clean channel sounds a little 'digital'. I play an epiphone les paul custom, mainly metal and couldn't ask for more from the distorted channels, based on the Mega Boogie Rectifier. Fantastic value and great sound!!!
    surfer12
    everything good except for the clean channel, i can't enjoy playing blues
    NemesisX
    I played one of these. I played this so-called 'insane' channel through an Ibanez RG. (Forgot exact model - it's not mine) Insane my foot. It was terrible. I'll be sticking with my Vox Valvetronix.
    Bryce-433
    Its a digital amp. If most of you are playing with pedals, you should probably not own this amp. I don't know why you'd not use it for a gig. I did and it was awesome.
    Spit it out
    I just got this amp yesterday and i love it but as others have said it isnt the best so try it out properly first before u buy it, dont just go with the reviews/comments, tho this guitar does have a very good metal channel and the insane is good when the master volume is fairly loud, carp when its low... this amp does have one or two problems but hell no amp is perfect at the end of the day. So if u like metal (mainly) test this amp out and im sure u will love it... this is one of these amps where u either love it or hate it period.