Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: Piano's N' Stuff

I use a B.C. Rich Warlock and an Epiphone Les Paul Studio. When our band jams down in the basement. This thing always has to be turned down a bit so I'm not the only one blasting through. It doesnt't really get distorted or the sound quality comprimised when it's turned up to max, just exactly as you want, just plain louder, even the clean.

This amp overall is the best deal on an amp I've seen, guitar center wanted 180 for it when they were switchin to spider 3's and nobody else had it in stock at the time and I got the last one from Piano's N' Stuff which sooooo much better to shop n' browse in than freakin Guitar Center with there employees hangin over you like a bum at a street corner. I would defitnely buy more Line 6 products for metal and hard rock pursposes but if I want a true bluesy sound I'd go with someone else.

I could prob depend on it, but since I think something is screwed up either with the noisegate or the input, I dunno if I'd go to a gig with ONLY this amp but you should probably be fine. I dunno I just have to type more I guess because it wont let me submit this review unless I "write reliability & durability" which I already did so I'm just saying things.

This amp is loud enough for what I wanna do for right now (just jammin) and it also has a pretty sweet metal amp model which if you tune in ur settings right you can get a pretty deep crunchy Metallica or pantera sound. The clean isnt as warm as I wanted but if you just put the delay on for about.5 of a second and turn down ur tone some, it sounds pretty sweet. It also has a hidden noisegate feature which helps out a lot but I think somethin happened with the input on it because there's still some feedback that wasn't there before. It has some sweet features like like chorus flanger, phaser and tremelo but I rarely use them, I usually just stick with a reverb or a delay. Also if you want to get some more squeel outta of ur guitar, there's another hidden distortion boost which sounds great for Kyuss songs when you put it on the "Insane" model.

ThunderKiss65
    the spider II isn't too bad. you just gotta fiddle about a bit for a decent sound, but for the money you cant complain.
    MasterMaster!!
    its abit annoyin for when u change channels.. but part from that Great sound.. effects are ok.. insane gives it abit more distortion.. not that amazin but.. i'd reconmend it. i got one fot 100 not bad i must say.