Spider II 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 30

Purchased from: L.A Music

Playing my Jackson 7 string with EMG pickups, the amp is silent, even on the insane channel. Using my Fender Big block strat and my PRS Tremonti, I can get brilliant clean and jazz sounds with some effects goin on. The crunch channel provides tones reminicent to AC/DC and even some Rage Against the Machine. The metal channel allows me to unleash the fury for some authentic power metal and hardcore punk tones. The insane channel gives me crazy Slipknot and my favourite Lamb Of God sounds. The 4 channels can be customized to your liking and saved. The clean channel is thunderous and NEVER distorts! The only bad thing is that the amp kinda makes every guitar sound the same decause of the amp modeling, but that's good if you got a crap guitar.

This is a great amp for anyone because it can cover any style of music out there and it makes your guitar sound amazing. I totally recommend it to anyone, but if you want to do a gig with it, get the bigger version! It blows away anything of the same size! If someone stole it, I'd cry, then go knock 'em and steal their amp! Best 230 bucks I've ever spent!

I don't think I'd use it on a gig because it is kinda small, but you can always mic it up, which is what I've been doing. It's built pretty good, but I never worry how tough an amp is because I don't beat up my stuff. It's a solid-state amp, so no replacing the tubes every 2 years!

Oh where do I begin! Absolute gorgeous amp. It's got 4 programable channels clean(crisp flawless clean tone), crunch (Marshall Plexi-style of sound), metal (high-gain distortion), and my favourite, insane (crazy amount of distortion). 7 digital effects with Line 6 smart FX control (like the POD). Built in noise gate and distortion boost. AUX in for an mp3 player. And to top it off a 12" Celestion speaker.

Shredmaster42
    Whoever says this amp is shit IS A FUCKING RETARD!! and should go shoot themselves! Amazing, brilliant amp.
    woobow
    i like this amp the distortion n stuff is mint. the clean channel isn't great but it doesnt really matter if you're into a heavier type of sound. but lets face it no one buys it for the clean channel. if u did then u really are a loser.
    Qazo
    I bought this amp about 1.5 yrs ago. I loved it at first as i played lots of styles and had only just started playing. My ear for tone had not developed - now i can hear tone rather better and can't wait to by a new amp. I'm going tube for some sweet sound!!! IMO Line 6 gear just sounds a bit too electronic, loads of features but just not the right sound. Orange Amps here i come!!!
    slowhand91
    I got this amp 13 monthes ago..It served its purpose as my first amp; great distortion, hard to get a bluesy clean or crunch though even with my SG. Good for a starter amp, but I plan to upgrade soon.