Spider II Half Stack review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II Half Stack

Purchased from: Avenue guitars

The sound is great; I play with EMG 85 and EMG 81 pickups and the combo performs! I really don't think it matters what style you play, this amp does it all. Headroom for days and great sustain. One huge problem is however that the amp is surprisingly quiet for a big 150 watts bad boy with a four speaker cabinet. I was hoping I would break the windows out of our rehearsal area but to no luck. I would want this amp with 300 watts like the HD147 but without having to do away with my spider II HD.

My overall impression is that this amp is fine and I'm glad I got it. It's a little too quiet but then again I play gigs without having to mic it either so it can't be that bad. The user is almost forced to buy the floorboard, which should just come with it the amp to make things easier but all around it sounds better than most and defiantly has more sounds than all. And chicks dig it too!

I seriously doubt this amp will ever breakdown or blow up, and unless it falls out of the back of my truck on my way to a gig than it's going to keep rocking for years.

The features on this amp are pretty well the reason why I bought it. It has tones of features. If you try and experiment with them you can get any sound you want. I play rock, hard-rock, metal, and I can nail any sound I want with all the features. It has four channels, which is way not enough for all the thousands of sounds you can come up with. The downsides are that it doesn't play well with others, as in other brand names its pretty well only compatible with Line 6 products. But with the purchase of the Line 6 floorboard you no longer have any problems with anything.