Spider II Half Stack review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II Half Stack

Purchased from: local music store

I use this half stack mostly with my American Jackson with active EMG's and a fixed bridge and it brings the metal. I also use the head with a Marshall 1960A cab. Unfortunately this amp does not have the best clean channel but with a lil delay and reverb you could easily sugar coat that. The distortion models for this amp are really really heavy I love it but if you want clean this isn't for you.

I play a lot of metal and a lot of really really clean jazz. This amp is ideal for metal and will give you the heavy tones you need but for clean it's not my best choice.

Very reliable, played many gigs with it worked fine no tubes to worry about no power failures all systems are go. Easy to control with 2 button footswitch sold seperately for 30 dollars.

The Spider II head is probably one of the best heads feature wise you can get for the price it has a cool line of special functions such as gain booster noise gate and tuner. The reason why I chose to buy the head alone was because when I played the half stack in the store with a spiderII cab it sounded really bad. Get your 1960 now! Not later other than the cab the head is very good sounding for a solid state good distortion and lot of versatility and I mean a lot you can't really achieve those bright bright tones like a tube amp but this amp has a huge range from evil distortion to twangy blues it does it all.