Spider II Half Stack review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II Half Stack

Purchased from: Samedaymucic.com

I play mostly hardcore/metal and this thing sounds great. You won't get this tone anywhere else for the price. If you play with the settings you can get a truely great tone. I play out of a Laney 4x12 stack. It will get loud enough for any gig/practice. The tone dosen't suffer much when being cranked.

I would reccomend this amp for anyone Who needs a stack at a great price. This is truly the best value amp in my opinion. If you want a good heavy sound buy it. If you are looking for a warm and very clean sounding amp save your money and buy a tube amp. If you want something to gig with and you play rock/metal/hardcore etc this amp is for you. Jazz/blues/folk/accoustic probably not. The clean and blues channels aren't bad but they don't offer the tone you will get out of a high end amp.

I just bought it so I haven't had a probelm with it hopefully it will hold up. I have a 50W Spider which still holds up after years.

The features are great. I'm sure you know what this can do, delay, reverb, tremelo, phaser, chorus, flanger, tuner built in. I wish the tuner had a dispalay, instead it uses exsisting leds, but once you know how to use its fine. It has 4 channel presets which can be pushes via buttons A-B. I wish it came with a footswitch but you have to buy that ranging from $30-100 depending on which one you want. I have used the FBV-4 which has a volume/whammy pedal, 4 foot selectors and a display for the tunner.

BodaciousBob
    I need a stack, I've been considering a Marshall however i don't have that kind of budget. I am seriously considering one of these heads but maybe not a Line 6 cab.
    RJMan
    i agree line 6 is great but these reviews are useless because of course the person reveiwing is going to really like thier amp otherwise they wouldn't have bought it. I actually have one of these ordered. The whole kit for 800 canadian with the pedal, head and cabinet and its also the new model. So yeah, can't beat the price
    dagget
    dont listen to these commenters. i have serious doubt that theyve even played any spider II amplifiers. prolly jumping on the bandwagon of idiots on these forums and this site. This is a great amplifier, ive tried one myself, and after hearing so much doubt in them, i was VERY impressed. try one, u may like it, u may hate it. worth a try.
    6black6label6
    Spider II is the way to go almost half the price of a marshall, the only problem i have with is the weight lol
    nick dixon
    I have the spider 2 212, I LOVE IT. the 4x12, can only be an improvment!. Dont listen what some dickheads say about this amp, it is seriously sweet. Ive owned 3 marshalls now, and they are all quite bad in comparisson (2 valvestates, and an AVT200)
    leondb
    I'm considering the 150 watt Spider II head. My other consideration is a Crate GLX 150 watt head. I like the power and features of both of these amps. The Line6 Spider II is cheaper now that the Spider III's are out. I'm so tempted...
    XChristianX
    Can't go wrong with this. Best amp I've bought and it's perfect. The insane setting with all the different effect is perfect for any metal songs you want to play basically.
    leondb
    I just got my Line 6 HD head from American Musical, and I won't have a cabinet for a few weeks. This sucks. But, I did hook my head phones in and saved a few channel settings... one for Cult- She Sells Sanctuary. It's crazy! All I need is a foot switch!
    leondb
    Yes, heavy it is. But the features are worth the weight. Damn. 1 1/2 more weeks until my cabinet arrives. I guess it's worth the wait too. Ahhhhh...
    Shizzster
    This thing sounds unstopable, im looking to upgrade my MG 50 to a half stack, so far its between a Peavey Valve King and this thing. What do you guys think is better?
    leondb
    Dang. I've had mine for a little over a month, and it's awesome. But after trying a Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 and the 4x10, I kind of want to sell mine and get the Fender. Can't touch tube sound. And it's loud at 60 tube watts!!!
    TheCalvinator
    I really wouldnt see the point of getting this stack since the Spider II 212(which i have) Can blow the windows out of a gymnasium, haha.