Spider II Half Stack review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II Half Stack

Purchased from: Ebay

I use a PRS CE22, and a PRS Santana SE with this amp. I play mostly Metal and hardcore, but dabble into R&b and blues. My band is very southern, so I need grit. Like I said before, this amp is loud, and you don't lose sound quality when you crank it. It can get very "Hissy" but the head has a built in noise gate which actually works quite well. For metal, I definitley reccomend this amp. With tweaking you can get the Insane "Green" to sound like a Mesa Triple Rectifier, and the distortion is carried through the cab so well that it makes your chest rumble and makes you proud of playing it. But again this amp is very versatile, and can handle anything from church ballads, to grindcore.

Ok you get it. Overall, this amp is a godsend. The people Who talk down on Line 6 are just afraid they'll find something they like in a solid state, but tubes don't make you a good guitarist, tone does, and you get complete control over your tone with the Line 6. If this amp was stolen, I'd be pissed. I'd buy a new one, but boy would I be heated! I feel if I go Line 6 for my music career, I can't go wrong. I actually had the money for a mesa Dual Rectifier, but I picked the spider II because of the control, tone, and diversity of the amp. Very bold move, I know, but you shouldn't follow the crowd, and buy something cause you think it'll make you cool. Like Marshall's distortion just flat out pisses me off. It's so scratchy, and lined up with the spider II, the spider blows it out of the water. In fact, in my opinion, the Spider II blows them all out of the water.

With this amp, there is no need for a back up. It's so solid, that I sometimes feel like I'm playing battle armor, in fact, if I went to war, I'd bring this rig to protect me, and to shred face when I wasn't being shot in the spleen by white hot 50.cal rounds, but seriously If you take simple care of this amp, you should be fine. There are no tubes since it's a solid state, and I'm sure Line 6 takes care of their rare repair customers (at least I'd hope). I feel so prepared getting up on stage with this rig, like you're the only kid in class who did his homework right, and everyone else is crying, saying "I'm such a douche!"

First off, I'm writing a review for the Line 6 Spider II HD150 head and the Spider 4x12 cab. The head is amazing! It has all the features you'd ever need in an amp. With a little tweaking, you can make it sooo gorgeous, that the young girls cry, or you can bring the rukkus. The Insane "Red" Is retarded. It sounds like a cheesy CKY patch, but does no justice. Anyway you get 12 sweet amp models 2 for each title. Clean, Twang, Blues, Crunch, Metal, And Insane. You also get a full line up of sweet effects (Chorus/flange, Phaser, Tremelo, Delay, Tape delay, sweep dealy, and reverb) there are 4 saveable user channels, where you can literally build your own custom sound, save it, and feel great about your sound because YOU made it. The only problem is that the 4 channel footswitch (FBV4) is discontinued, and replaced with the FBV express which is expensive, and cluttered. This amp is loud! one of the loudest solid states I've ever heard. When cranked, It loses no sound quality what'soever. It's definitley worth ever penny.

HELLSHREDD
    HELLSHREDD
    My spidervalve half stack cost 1934.00$ canadian & its worth every dollar , tyvm line6\m/
    ibanezeric82
    BEWARE. This thing blew up on me. And due to Line 6 not letting anyone service their amps but them, I could not get it fixed. Waste of my money.
    anvil is god
    HELLSHREDD wrote: its funny how most of these jokers put this amp down, when any amp takes alot of tweaking to get right sound. i have the new spidervalve & it kiks arse , watch any mesa vid then go check out the HD100 Spidervalve vid & then tell me what sounds better!
    MESA. Not contest there, the digital modelling screws the tone over.
    deadlydictator
    You guys are right, most of the time youre gonna sit there for a while trying to crank out good tone from any amp. so really if youre a tone wizard you should just get a roland cube and a marshall 1960 cab. but id say modeling amps are kind of a joke. at least the lower end ones. like all those 30 watt spider 3s and shit. this amp probably sounds decent with a good cab but dont waste your money on a cheaper modeling amp, youre gonna want an upgrade pretty fast.