Spider III 120 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 120

This amp is loud, mostly depending on the channels like metal and/or insane. Once I turned it up to just 3 on the red metal channel and boy that amp just blew my socks off. This is a great amp with awesome distortion. It suits my Christian hardcore music style because, it has cool channels.

This is the best amps I've had yet. My 2 favorite feature is Phaser and Red Metal. I play hardcore music and famous '80s, '90s, and '00s songs. For hardcore I use red metal. For '80s, '90s, '00s songs I use those channels with famous songs from the '50s to the '00s. The thing I hate most about this amp is the green metal channel, it doesn't even seem metal. I love the red metal channel the best. I really wanted a Marshall but I think this is better.

I can depend on it not to break down. it's not a tube amp. My amp has never broken down. I would definitely use on a gig without a backup. I definitely has has good reliability and durability. I've never had plain neglect from Guitar Center. I can depend on it to play almost any song and have it sound good.

This amp has features like tremolo, phaser, chorus flange. It has 12 channels red and green metal, insane, crunch, twang, blues, and clean. It has presets for famous songs like Master of Puppets, Crazy Train, Barracuda and many many more. It also has band presets like Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Slipknot, etc.

Sublime Stylee
    My friend has one of these, and while I initially liked it, the novelty of a bunch of useless presets quickly wore off and you're left wth a mediocre amp. The tone suffers, especially with clean tones if you're looking for a nice rich, fat sound. Distorted tones are a little better, but lack a real nice crunch. On the plus side it is loud as hell and is relatively cheap. I can't see any experienced guitarist wanting to buy this amp.
    rcazzy
    The most common problem tht iv seen (helpin in a music store) is only a busted power cable, thats the least. other problems arent overly common as people here make it seem! I do know a fair few do break in other ways, but there about as reliable s other amps out there! Especially for the price! Its a great gig amp!
    llllllA7Xllllll
    Are there any Avenged Sevenfold presets on this amp? As an artist preset or presets for any of their songs?
    Kite320
    I bought the amp, and it's pretty sick to me. Everyone has there own opinion, which is fine, but honestly, I think it's still a great amp.