Spider III 120 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 120

Price paid: C$ 525

Purchased from: Music Stop

I use three guitars with this amp; two Austin's and an Ibanez RG370DX. These guitars use combinations of humbuckers and single coil pickups. This amp suits my music style perfectly, and I don't think I'd trade it for anything else. Occasionally this amp gets noisy when around objects like computers and TV's, but that happens with most amps. This amp can make pretty much any sound anyone needs, giving it great variety. Both the cleans and distortions can sound great after a little bit of customizing the settings.

I feel that, overall, the Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt guitar amp is a great amp for guitar players of any level. I've been play guitar for about 5 years and love this amp. If it were stolen or lost I would probably buy another one without a second thought. The amps sounds great with any guitar so long as you take some time to adjust the settings to your liking. When amp shopping I compared this amp with the Marshall MG series and the Roland Cube series and liked the Spider the best. Overall I feel that the Spider III series was better in most aspects than the MG's and Cube's. The only thing I wish came with the amp is the FBV Express footswitch, which would have made changing channels a lot easier. That will most likely be my next purchase.

I can completely depend on this amp. It has been solid since I bought it, and has never needed any repairs. I would use this amp for a gig without a backup without a second thought. This amp is very solid in every way, and after 9 months it still looks great.

I feel that this amp is very versatile. It has many options for every type of music. I mainly play rock and metal, and after tweaking the settings I have created many great tones. The presets are decent, but the custom tones sound much better. This amp has 4 channels, and 9 memory banks, so it has a total of 36 customizable settings. It does not have an effects loop, but the many effects on the amp itself make up for it. It also has a quality headphone jack as well, and it has a CD input, though I have not used it yet. The only thing that I wish this amp came with was a footswitch for changing channels. I use this amp everywhere, from in my house to gigs and it has been a solid performer. It definitely has enough power for what I do, and more. This is an all around great solid state amp.